• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Feinwerkbau 603

Norton 
The FWB 600/601/602/603 are all single stroke pneumatics(SSPs).....177 cal Olympic 10meter tack drivers capable of shooting perfect scores in the right hands....
SSPs have a serious advantage over spring powered 10m target guns notably attributable to a much quicker lock time...the trend continues to this day with PCPs match guns eliminating the fatigue caused by the effort needed to charge the gun for each shot....

I do own both a 601 and a 603....both guns seriously shoot .05 inch groups at 10meters...not just some of the time but all of the time with their preferred pellet....I've shot groups in still air at 45yds that put 10 shots in 3/8 inch...The triggers are phenomenally fine...actually perfect for offhand shooting and adjustable for all types of serious precision shooting....

World class accuracy....period...
No longer made in the SSP configuration but used 601s and 603s are available and reasonably priced around $600 to $700 ....one with special sights, walnut or accessories could be several hundred dollars more....

I've seen a few for sale at an airgun show, never got the chance to shoot one. They are not springers but single stroke pneumatics, one cocking stroke brings the gun to full power. They're designed as 10 meter match rifles and as such push a wadcutter pellet around 500-600 fps. They are most likely laser accurate with the Feinwerkbau barrel and quality build. I usually see them priced between $650-$750. 
Before PCPs came along the single stroke Feinwerkbaus, Anschutz and Walthers were the top 10 meter rifles. A friend has a Walther LGR single stroke pneumatic-it's a joy to shoot.
They do come up for sale on the AA classifieds once in a while. 

I've fired a couple of 601's and a 603, outstanding!
Everything you would expect from a "10M" rig except so quite you couldn't tell it fired, good thing I hit the target.
Now while perhaps not 100% normal, I squaded with a fellow from TX using a 603 in TN at either the Nationals or the World's (FT) and he used an FWB603 shot in the 50's that day, insane.

Great rifle with perfect balance, excellent fit, nice trigger, flawless groups and reasonably priced, for what it is.

John

Scrane 
The 601,603 do take some effort to charge the gun with air...ergonomically the FWBs design works with gravity and the shooters body...a backward/ downward stroke with an anti-fly-away ratchet is an easier cocking than the LGR.... 

Again, it's the accuracy...benchrested results are a single pellet size hole...my 603 has a cheap 12x scope mounted on it...in still air a fly on the target at 25yds is pretty much a sure kill...

That level of accuracy is always fun....empty 45acp cases or shotgun shells at 40 to 50 yds is about the limit...beyond that the loopie trajectory is a PITA to deal with...

Four members of my shooting group cherish their FWB 600 series rifles. I have owned a 601 and presently have a FWB 603 Junior. These rifles perform nearly identically when tested on a chronograph. A ten shot string with JSB 8.44 grain pellets (straight out of the tin) in my gun resulted in an average velocity of 563.fps, a minimum velocity of 562 fps, maximum velocity of 566 fps and a standard deviation of 1.3. fps. With a spread of 4 fps, it is no surprise that these guns shoot with one hole accuracy well beyond their intended 10 meter design. An important additional consideration beyond remarkable accuracy and build quality is the fact that Feinwerkbau continues to support their vintage products with easily accessible replacement parts.