• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Favorite scope under 20oz

I gotta throw the old super sniper in there. 21oz, it’s not 20 but hey, it’s pretty close. About the best $300 scope you can get 20 years ago. It’s fixed power, only 42mil objective…… I’m probably not convincing anybody it’s awesome, but it’s a go to for me. Solid turrets, crisp focus, best simple mil/mil reticle I think was ever made. If you’re an old school Marine, you might appreciate it.

Reactions: Nealgl1985
IMO you won't find many of the higher end scope on this list because they tend to weigh closer to the 28-30oz range in their 20-25x zoom models. I'm a big fan of the March 3-24x42mm D24V42FIML scope. Yeah it comes in at 21.69oz but at just over 12" long it's an extremely awesome scope.

Price is high, but this now older model can be found for the same price or less than an Athlon Cronus from time to time. And, a Cronus is 14.4" long and weighs 35.8oz.

IMO you won't find many of the higher end scope on this list because they tend to weigh closer to the 28-30oz range in their 20-25x zoom models. I'm a big fan of the March 3-24x42mm D24V42FIML scope. Yeah it comes in at 21.69oz but at just over 12" long it's an extremely awesome scope.

Price is high, but this now older model can be found for the same price or less than an Athlon Cronus from time to time. And, a Cronus is 14.4" long and weighs 35.8oz.

I have one of these in my 15” Evol. I like it a lot, but I think it would be even better suited to the mini.

I paid just under $1900 from Dvor on sale earlier this year.

My Holosun reflex sights at a few ounces. These are darn nice tiny sights. I like them so much I have three now. I can't get enthusiastic about the old standard RD's anymore.

I bought a FFP Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22X50. Honestly I'm very unimpressed for the cost of these scopes. If it were $800 retail instead of $1999 retail I'd feel better about it but I'd take a Helos G2 over it as far as build quality goes.

I have the March 1-10 DFP shorty also. It's a keeper but I don't use it on a airgun.

Short and light is nice and all but I'll keep using my Helos G2 2-12 and my Heras 2-12 for my carbines.

Don't overlook the Athlon Talos 3-12 and 4-16. Both well under 20oz.
Thicker mildot reticle, SFP, .1 mil clicks, 10y focus, and inexpensive.