• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Favorite Cricket II tune so far! (Plus bonus trajectory results)

Let's get this out of the way, this Cricket II is my absolute favorite out of the three Kalibrguns I own.

20220629_141316.jpg

This is a .22 Cricket II with a 450mm barrel. I also am fortunate enough to have a .22 Cricket II Tactical (600mm barrel) and a .25 original Cricket (600mm barrel).

By today's crazy standards, this Cricket II at about 37 fpe with 18 grain pellets, is not a huge powerhouse. This tune is running the factory reg pressure (presumably about 125 bar or 1813 psi) and I just brought up the hammer spring tension to max it out and then back down a bit and it settled on a speedy 960 - 970 fps with FX 18s. It's hard to know where you are in the HS adjustment range, so here's a pic:

hs adjuster.png

Yeah, this is a bit "hotter" than what's best for accuracy - I think that's more like 930 - 940 fps with this gun, but I was getting really excellent consistency with this stout hammer spring hit. Check this 3-mag (42 shot) string out. I was pretty surprised by the efficiency number here at this power.

6-29-22 Cricket II hi power.png

6-29-22 Cricket II hi power ES.png

You can see it drop off the reg shooting the 4th mag (56 shots):

6-29-22 Cricket II hi power full.png

Here's the trajectory info with this tune shooting FX 18s from 10 to 60 yards in 5 yard increments:

10y = -1.75 inches / + 4.5 md
15y = -1.25 inches / +2 md
20y = - .75 inches / +1 md
25y = - .50 inches / + .25 md
30y = zero
35y = +.50 inches / -.25 md
40y = +.50 inches / -.25 md
45y = zero
50y - -.50 inches / + .25 md
55y = -1 inches / + .50 md
60y = -1.25 inches / + .75 md

The scope is an Immersive Optics 10x24.

And the target used for testing this:

20220629_140755.jpg

And for reference here is the target when doing the full string crony testing (45 yards, each group is a full clip). Wind was from my left to my right.

20220629_144455.jpg

All-in-all this was a satisfying afternoon!

6-29-22 Cricket II hi power.png

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Coincidentally, since my impact has cratered and the maverick is in for catastrophic warranty work, I am relegated to my cricket 25. It is the original about 4 years old. I dont use it much because it's heavy. However I sight @ 25. Didn't take pictures. Progressed 80 yards putting 25g and 34g in an inch. If it was so heavy ( scoped out) and bulky to shoulder I'd use it more. It doesn't need regulator , valve adjustments. Set your hammer ( mine is 960 w/ 25g, 12 shots with NO ES or SD! Never more than a 5 es!) As a bench gun , hard to beat and NEVER a hitch. With the mods the new guns have, should be great guns.

I've read about the same issues with the FX impact from their owners.
A delicate gun and long waiting times for repairs here in Belgium and the Netherlands!
That's why I decided to buy the Cricket tactical 2 in the short 5.5mm version.
I know this one is heavy, but as a former soldier who walks around with a .50 with amo I don't think this is an issue.
Rather a bit heavier than a barrel that bends when you touch it ;)

I've read about the same issues with the FX impact from their owners.
A delicate gun and long waiting times for repairs here in Belgium and the Netherlands!
That's why I decided to buy the Cricket tactical 2 in the short 5.5mm version.
I know this one is heavy, but as a former soldier who walks around with a .50 with amo I don't think this is an issue.
Rather a bit heavier than a barrel that bends when you touch it ;)Red Phoenix, don't know your age. I'm an old soldier also and @ 71 I remember humping Bush with an M60 for 2 tours in an unnamed place. Weight is a KEY factor in my buying decisions. Might become one of yours in time!

I also pay attention to the weight of a rifle according to the target I have in mind.
Here you are not allowed to hunt and also no pest control with an air rifle!
so I'm only going to shoot at targets, and then a slightly heavier rifle is no problem!
By the way,
I served in the army for 40 years and am now retired
The FNC weighs 3,800 kg without cartridges and was our standard weapon and a full magazine 30 cartridges: 0,560 kg always have 6 with them and then our full equipment of about 15kg so what are we talking about?

Last edited: