Extreme Long Range Shooting with Airguns? Get the ColdShot Base!

Have you seen the march long range scope that has the mechanical base built into the scope.300 moa I'm pretty sure 5-50 power maybe. Mark and Sam YouTube channel has been testing them . They look really cool. He doesn't like using the cold shot bases for his Elr work either he used earlier versions and had to make a few improvements to use for his elr work. Night force wedge prism isn't that expensive I think it a 100 moa if I remember right.

Lou

unlike you, I think the cold shot base would give me enough elevation. I’ve been trying to decide if I should sell a couple of my March scopes, and buy a Genesis, Or buy a couple of gold cold shot bases for my marches. Since you’ve used it I would very much appreciate your opinion. And I don’t understand the difference between the MOA model and the MI model. 

mike

Finally found the video...I was reading that as "March" (the month) not March Scopes because I hadn't previously heard of March Scopes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79mej8Rpgk

Here's Mark's 2018 March Scope video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sieHU8B8SzM&t=300s

I was looking at a Nightforce but will now probably get a March down the road instead.

At the moment I've had compressor issues and needed to get that sorted so I can keep testing out an Airmaks Katran. What I can say so far is it's a tack-driver at 30 yards (easily less than a dime, generally shredding the 10 and X ring on a 20-yard target placed at 30 yards)--so good I'm working with a few pellet manufacturers to see what works best.

I believe that march scope is probably the best for long term durability of the tracking systems without the drawbacks of mechanical bases. This scope is the future. I myself have worn out enough nightforce internals to now they only last so long. I shot 3650 fps .224 80 grains than so.I didn't much adjustment . Now that I'm lopping 650 grain .510 at 750 fps I use tons of adjustments frequently. You enjoy the most awesome scope out there!!! Shoot straight friend😀