• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

(expired)WTS: Custom Game calls , Turkey, Deer,Crow,squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie14228

Jul 16, 2015
TX, United States
Ok, so here's the deal I am trying to use one hobby to get the funds for another. I have access to a lot of picture cedar and I have made a few different game calls. My wife would kill me if I went and bought a pcp so I've got to raise some funds

if some one wants a game call turned then P.M me and I will let you know what it will cost. 
As long as you have been a member here longer than a two months and have at least 20 posts or replies I will make the call and send it to you first then you send payment. 

If if you decide you don't like it then all I ask is you pay the shipping back to me.
Here is a you tube video of a Turkey pot call I made for myself it is a bit beat up because I carry it in the truck with me to practice with.
Both the striker and the pot are cedar the plate is aluminum 

As long as it is a Pot or Reed call I can make it this means
Rabbit distress
Deer 
Duck
Crow
Wood Pecker
Owl
Squirrel
and more 
If you want an exotic wood then the price will be higher as I will need to by the blanks to turn
I also turn pens if you have some antlers you want turned to pens I can do it 
And of course I Turn bowls if you need to Ahhh buy the other half a pretty gift after getting your toy let me know I can send you some pics of my work

All proceeds go to Willie's pcp air gun fund. LOL

MOD EDIT: Added WTS to your title
MOD EDIT: This topic has been locked due to inactivity or since the ad is no longer necessary. Please contact a moderator if you would like it unlocked. 

You can buy them even with low post, I only offered to send them to members with higher post before payment because I am new here myself.

I turn these calls per ordered so the calls could be either double or single and for the most part I can use just about any kind of wood. 

Keep in mind different woods actually will change the tone slightly, 
one other thing to note while I will trim the reed slightly I will leave it a little long, this is because you will need to tune the call yourself, simply because the only way to tune a call is to blow in it and adjust.

I will be going to Dallas this weekend to get material to make some calls to post and show my work.
but they will be what you would call displays because I will use them 

Sorry for the delay, here is a short vid of a deer call I made this weekend
A call like this one with Viga orange will cost 18 dollars (thats $8.00 labor and rest in materials)
It is a hard wood to work with and is a bit pricy but is a show stopper, when polished right it has a deep glassy look. This was my first time working with it and I cracked it during polishing because i got it to hot, it happens all part of the game.
I like cutting thinner large sound chambers because it makes for better sound quality. It takes very little air and since the reed is in a bigger chamber it doesn't vapor lock as easy from the moisture in your breath (my own theory)

Ok, So I will make a deal for my fellow AirGun Nation folks,

I DON'T always buy my material from the same place but instead look for the best deals (not cheapest but balanced on quality) game calls a fairly uniform on the process and materials that is needed. To simplify things here is what I will do,
For Reed Based calls I will charge 10.00 labor plus materials
For Pot Calls I will charge 15.00 labor plus materials
Materials are the Wood and the Guts of the call, I will take care of the polish.
The size for a proper blank is 1-1/2x1-1/2x6 that leaves me 1 inch waste on the length
I have been asked if I would be willing to turn wood that a person has, the answer is yes,,,,,but please be aware that green wood or uncured wood may crack as it dries so if you go out and cut a limb off a black walnut tree in your back yard it isn't going to work most likely.

Ok so I found some King Cocobolo that is 1.5 x 1.5 x 6 for 6 dollars from http://www.diamondtropicalhardwoods.com/product/cocobolo-turning-squares Plus 10 dollars labor. I don't know the prices on the "GUTS" for a duck call so if you could give me and estimate of how much you think that would be that would be great. One more thing if I want that wood should I have you order it or me order it and have it sent directly to you?

Sorry for the late reply
Go to woodturnerscatalog.com
Most of the game calls I use and the wood blanks I use are there, again they may not be the cheapest but the are high quality. The issue with many blanks is that if they are not cured properly they will crack inside this is called checking,
It will make the block almost useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.