• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

(expired)WTB: Carbon Fiber Tank or Scuba tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresWaldo

Apr 1, 2015
I'm in the market for a Carbon Fiber tank! I would love to give the money to one of my fellow airgunners vs an online resource but I have a feeling the CF tanks are things people in our hobby/sport don't just part with haha.

I recently bought a CF tank but it was stolen from the back of my car. So here I am, looking again for a Tank. I think at this point I would consider a regular Scuba tank even but I would prefer a CF tank.

Please personal message me with any offers! Thank you

MOD EDIT: This topic has been locked due to inactivity or since the ad is no longer necessary. Please contact a moderator if you would like it unlocked. 

Thank you Rocky, and you are right about the CF tanks only being good for 15 years! I had a very generous offer from another one of our loyal forum members who was willing to send me a CF tank that was previously owned by a Volunteer Fire Department and they had just bought new ones, so they were tossing the old ones. However, most things that sound too good to be true are, and these tanks had expired in 2010. Even my dive shop said that its a silly rule, but it is what it is! I appreciate the advice on the Scuba tank and believe me, because of price point I am thinking about buying one! I am only filling my .22 Disco with it so it should do until I get the next gun!

Thanks!

Waldo

I just posted a K yoke setup up for offers. You should check a "local" dive shop for used scuba tanks. Also garage sales. Just figure in the cost of getting a tank inspected and tested in making your decisions. A while back when I was looking at tanks I found a steel tank rated for 3400 psi for around $200 new and ready to go. 3000 is fine for a Disco but that extra 400 psi would be very nice to have should you move up to a Gen 2 Marauder (177 or 22).

Waldo

Found this on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drager-4500psi-SCBA-tank-45-minute-carbon-wrapped-Unused-2008-mfg-date-65-5-SCF-/231312000514?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35db450602

Looks like $250 including shipping. You would still need a setup to hook to the gun. You need a scba to 1/8 male foster, a hose (micro bore saves air), and a female foster on the gun end of the hose or whip as some call it. You would have to be careful to not over fill a Disco with this setup. These tanks are 2008 new in the box and need a hydro test to be filled.

This guy sells some pretty nice pcp stuff, where I got my tank. http://www.airtanksforsale.com/ To get an idea of what is needed to get air from a scba tank to your air gun go about 2/3rds down his site page and he sells a setup for around $165 including shipping. His setup has a built in flow restrictor to reduce the chances of over filling (claimed). I have never used a tank with the scba valve so you will have to ask someone else. Oh, and this guy can be a bit pushy on the sale, fyi. Be sure to check and see if there is 4500 hpa available in your area. You might be able to get the Fire Dept to fill it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.