• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EVOL 30 (Something Lite) 🤷🏽Update

Here it is! Outfitted & ready for feild use! Currently waiting for compressor and ammunition.. can't wait!

P.S. Evol 30 owners chime in on ammo selection. Will the JSB Knockouts shoot well?
20230311_121705.jpg

My Magnon shoots JSB 44 pellets lights out. 50's close. Tried lots of different slugs and none come close. Group here is 50 yards. View attachment 339702
Sweet! Tom said Fx hybirds seem to shoot well in the full length Evol. Patagonia Airguns Chile did a hunt with the magnon i believe he was using 47 gr neilsons i wonder if he tuned it for that hunt

JSB 44.75 do extremely well in mine. I'm currently shooting NSA 43.8gr with the same tune for better penetration on pig skulls. I still haven't done a head-to-head comparison between both ammo at longer distances yet due to time and not having access to a longer range.
How many pigs have you took and at what distance? Are they dead on the spot with the head shot?

This gun with it’s slow twist rate was specifically designed for pellets. I have read someone was trying AVS boat tails slugs. That was another post though, I would explore this guns full potential with pellets first with FX or JSB pellets leading the way.

This gun with it’s slow twist rate was specifically designed for pellets. I have read someone was trying AVS boat tails slugs. That was another post though, I would explore this guns full potential with pellets first with FX or JSB pellets leading the way.
I got into pcps hoping to shoot slugs over pellets with some tuning hopefully i find something that shoots phenomenal

EVOL 30 has a 1:26 twist rate. I has been proven to stabilize slugs to 65 gns. Factory power levels and chambering are designed for pellets and pellet weight slugs. Although the lighter NSAs will shoot reasonable well they are so short I suspect they are subject loading alignment issues, especially when loaded fast. The FX hybrids have proven the best due to their pellet weight and longer easier loading shape. 50-55gn NSAs will also shoot well but they will be in the lower 800 fps range unless the gun is turned up.

I've seen good group sizes with my Evol .30 with all NSA slugs around the same weights as the JSB pellets. It is tuned hotter and shoots Hades 44.7 grain pellets 940 fps and the Heavy 50.15 grainers at 915 fps. Slugs of this same weight range shoot equally well with my set-up, but a little slower because of the additional bearing surface area over pellet skirts. Your best bet would be to order a box of each weight of NSA slug, a tin of each JSB pellets, and the FX Hybrids, the Varmint Knocker slugs on eBay to see what your gun likes with the factory tune. With Tom's attention to detail in manufacturing these barrels, you can't go wrong with most meduim weight projectiles. I would not mess with the regulator setting for efficiency sake if wanting to go with slugs. The hammer spring tension screw can get the most out of the valve and barrel for both pellets and slugs.

EVOL 30 has a 1:26 twist rate. I has been proven to stabilize slugs to 65 gns. Factory power levels and chambering are designed for pellets and pellet weight slugs. Although the lighter NSAs will shoot reasonable well they are so short I suspect they are subject loading alignment issues, especially when loaded fast. The FX hybrids have proven the best due to their pellet weight and longer easier loading shape. 50-55gn NSAs will also shoot well but they will be in the lower 800 fps range unless the gun is turned up.
Will tuning the hammer spring tension be enough to up fps? Is shooting them faster beneficial? Or as long as the grouping is tight is all that matters?