• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun R5 question

I must bought a same r5 std in .30

i actually like the digital gauge: it is said to be very accurate, and based on my other gauges on my bottles this seems true. 

Most mechanical gauges are not accurate, or at least not that accurate: the one on my raw is off by 25 bars - this seems to be a regular thing with small mech gauges. On the other hand, the wika gauges that were on my other edguns were pretty accurate too, just not as accurate as the digital one it seems.

just my 2 cents 🤘 tx for reading 

Well, if you learn to use it you'll find out how much better they work, the manual is poor at describing how the menu tree functions. Tap below screen to the right to view another will scroll to the next item like pressure used per shot, and other tap and you get a shot counter / prediction based on what your gun is using. You can change it from psi to bar and back at any time and many display temp. The trick for new users it to know tap to screen you wand then wait for value 1-2 second then when it comes up press and hold to alter. It can also be re zeroed at any time by settings menu (don't re set or zero stats unless air tube is bleed down)

Now tap gauge to bring up BAR right befor filling and it comes on and shows filling cycle for 1.5 minutes.

It goes to sleep after 30 sec some 15 depending on firmware... but it is still active and is recording data.

The mode you leave it in when you allow it to go to sleep is the one it stays in so put it in shot and every time you shoot it comes on and shows shots remaining (it is more accurate the more you shoot0 it starts to have a good prediction after about 10 this comes on for about 15 sec at each shot.

There is a stealth mode that keeps it off and it won't automatically come on

The battery is easy to change, mine last about 18 mths

I will buy any edmu just pm me!

The sequence is what is described poorly tap wait hold wait .....read the manual:)

Well, if you learn to use it you'll find out how much better they work, the manual is poor at describing how the menu tree functions. Tap below screen to the right to view another will scroll to the next item like pressure used per shot, and other tap and you get a shot counter / prediction based on what your gun is using. You can change it from psi to bar and back at any time and many display temp. The trick for new users it to know tap to screen you wand then wait for value 1-2 second then when it comes up press and hold to alter. It can also be re zeroed at any time by settings menu (don't re set or zero stats unless air tube is bleed down)

Now tap gauge to bring up BAR right befor filling and it comes on and shows filling cycle for 1.5 minutes.

It goes to sleep after 30 sec some 15 depending on firmware... but it is still active and is recording data.

The mode you leave it in when you allow it to go to sleep is the one it stays in so put it in shot and every time you shoot it comes on and shows shots remaining (it is more accurate the more you shoot0 it starts to have a good prediction after about 10 this comes on for about 15 sec at each shot.

There is a stealth mode that keeps it off and it won't automatically come on

The battery is easy to change, mine last about 18 mths

I will buy any edmu just pm me!

The sequence is what is described poorly tap wait hold wait .....read the manual:)

hi Uzidzit

where do I find all of this information? so far the owners manual sucks.

TIA

Angel

So the manual link: https://www.edgunwest.com/edgun-manuals-edgun-west/ (use Chrome)

On page 3 you will find a flow chart of the functions (other pages describe what each is but the biggest part usually is just getting used to the navigation)

decoding the diagram

1. where it says push button that is a push and release ie a click.

2. where it has an hourglass you pushand hold! till something happens.

3. where it says wait IT MEANS WITH YOUR FINGER OFF THE BUTTON till something happens.

4. when it asks for a decision it generally will default to the "action side of the world" not the safe side of the world IE ED thinking and Philosophy watch a few of theEDGUN youtube channel you will understand what I mean.

* The open door icon in the settings is the escape without making changes! If you are indecisive and do nothing IT WILL ED PHILOSOPHY!

Changing the Battery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkl078-JpCM

Sorry for the late Reply I had to wait to get home from work, not inclusive but should get you started.

You can always just leave it at barsetting and just tap and do noting else then it shows fill and whats left, There is a learning curve, but I have them installed in "several" guns and they have been solid for me...frustrating at first to be honest but I just sat down with the flow chart and sused it.

A big thank you to Acruz for posting "Edgun R5 question". Huge thank you to Uzidzit for sharing (don't re set or zero stats unless air tube is bled down). It has been over a year since my EDMU functioned properly due to my ignorance & understanding of re setting/zeroing the statistics. I must have missed this critical bit of information every single time I read/studied the EDMU manual. A very happy man I am thanks to you. My EDMU is now working to it's full 100% potential. Better late than never: no use crying over spilt milk - all is good now.

Thanks again, Radio