• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun R5 Long .25 in the house

Phreedom no this is straight stock but these R5's in .25 are the same guts as the 30's just with a .25 barrel...they are really hot to begin with.I received mine and it was shooting the 25grn pellets over 1000fps and quite a bit of pellet instability...turned down the hammer spring and it's now at 950fps. I ordered some heavies and to see how fast they will shoot. You should call or email Brian he has shot the .25 for awhile now and knows it alot better than me...I just got mine 2 days ago and have hardly shot it because of the weather. Let me know what you decide.

"Kdog"Phreedom no this is straight stock but these R5's in .25 are the same guts as the 30's just with a .25 barrel...they are really hot to begin with.I received mine and it was shooting the 25grn pellets over 1000fps and quite a bit of pellet instability...turned down the hammer spring and it's now at 950fps. I ordered some heavies and to see how fast they will shoot. You should call or email Brian he has shot the .25 for awhile now and knows it alot better than me...I just got mine 2 days ago and have hardly shot it because of the weather. Let me know what you decide.
Ahh, I see...no worries. I grabbed his last .25 today after swapping emails with him in the wee hours of the night. Now that is what I call customer service! I'll call him today to discuss tuning/modding. 

Chuck I got to shoot it yesterday and at 1000fps with the 25 grain pellets i had quite a bit of pellet in stability. I was shooting 5 shot groups at 50yds and all the groups were over an inch except one.i
then turned down the hammer spring to 950fps and the group sized decreased to the size of a quarter which tells me I'm going in the right direction.This pup is Uber guiet for the energy it's shooting and built really well.I ordered some 34 grn heavies to see how they will do but in the mean time I need to get this speed with these 25 grn pellets down to around 900fps.

Thanks for the info! I didn't really think the 25 grain Kings would do very well at that high velocity, I tried shooting them in High Velocity out of my Sumatra 25 Cal rifle and out of my FX rifles and about 900 feet per second is what they like the best. By the way my experience with the 34 grain heavies showed that the original MK1 don't like to go any faster than 830 or 840 feet per second... But on the other hand the MK2 love going fast! The fastest I had them going was 900 feet per second and of course that was out of smooth twist barrels but even then they were laser accurate. So I'm kind of hoping you'll be able to shoot the MK2 at around 950 ft per second or 9:20 feet per second at the very least. So keep us posted... I am a big fan personally of max power with extreme accuracy... But accuracy first always. All the best, Chuck

Chuck i ordered 10 tins of the 34grn Edgun pellets that Brian sells so i sure hope those are the ones that it likes,,,,lol. Oh and hear are the pics of the groups with the 25grn pellets.

SG8e5fI.jpg

Q1tRUM2.jpg

y1W2jvR.jpg

Also i added a picitinny rail to the forend....looks off center because of the shadow but its spot on.

mJEPV1u.jpg

6BE9i5v.jpg

MjPExYE.jpg

That's the way I buy pellets but I buy 12 tins at a time from Pyramyd so shipping is free. Your groups with a 25 grain Kings is exactly what I would expect when the velocity is too high. They always shoot two or three groups in one group. I guess that would be okay for some people but I can't go out that way. Thanks for your reply... And please keep me posted when the 34 pellets arrive