• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Matador R5 vs Raccoon Video

@NoLandBeyond, not only a captivating video (great job on staying calm and collected as you waited for the clean kill shot) but your narrative is first rate! I especially applaud your explanation of the involuntary muscle movements that often mislead people to believe the animal is suffering in death. Pointing out that the Central Nervous System has been shut down and the animal has no awareness once the shot has hit... that is so important to pass on to the uninitiated. Bravo!

Reactions: NoLandBeyond
The raccoon can be seen at 50 yards no problem with the green flashlight. The shot was taken around 30 yards. I've taken out 3 other raccoons in my trees in the back yard anywhere from 30-45 yards. The green LED is non-deterring to animals for some reason, unlike white light. I've had raccoons look my way but keep on doing their thing, giving me ample time to line up a shot between the eyes. You can clearly see their eyes glowing in the dark at 75+ yards and still see well through the scope. Unfortunately, the iPhone lens has a hard time picking up enough light for the video but I had plenty of light and the sight picture was much brighter than what the video shows.
Sometimes I just like to glance in the woods at night and see if I can pick out any critters. I don't like to get my gun out for those occasions unless I spot something. For those instances, I use the flashlight below.

You can pick up a smaller pocket green LED flashlight for quick looks in the woods/trees without turning on the torch on the gun. I've included a link to that flashlight below.
https://www.amazon.com/Ulako-Zoomable-Flashlight-Fishing-Detector/dp/B01HBR4OZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520439216&sr=8-2&keywords=ulako+green+LED

Here is a frame grab just before I harvested a nice 13-pound trash panda last month, using an ATN X-Sight II. My sister was with me, using a green LED scope light. I'd like to try the LED to compare it with the ATN. As you can see, some detail is lost when using the digital zoom. That shouldn't happen when using a green LED with a regular scope.

afdbff49cab46ac68b37cc0dcf9f9709.jpg