• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Yes, it is the reflex Behemoth per Edgun ad. I do not perceive any sound or air movement from the Behemoth. I believe that it is pushing air backward but it is all contained within the Behemoth sections.
The only air sound detected is the bit that is used to rotate the magazine.

It vents air through those small holes in the rear section of the reflex tube. You don't feel it because your handguard has no MLOK slots in the back. I have the CF Valkyrie handguard over mine (yes it's modified to fit) and I can feel some air exiting there.

Reactions: tnbndr
The Behemoth reflex shroud does add suppression as you can see from the photos below when I open up the reflex shroud. Unfortunately the 350mm reflex shroud is kinda short so I made longer and bigger diameter shroud to replace the factory shroud which add to the initial discharge chamber for the Behemoth moderator. This dropped almost an additional 5db on my sound meter during testing with the meter mounted on a tripod 12ft away.

Brilliant! I think the 450mm version can benefit from the additional volume, too.

And I'm still liking your 1/2 UNF shroud combined with an STO Falx! A lot lighter than the Behemoth setup with the same degree of sound suppression, but yeah, no quick detach.

In other news, I've been playing with 3D printed blast baffles for the first chamber of the Behemoth. They make a significant difference to my ear. Some designs work better than others. Both reflex and non-reflex versions benefit.

20230714_230558.jpg

Last edited:
My only good experience, with Brian @ EdGunWest, was with my initial purchase of a Leshiy 2 and a Mini Rover Direct Fill Compressor. After that, any attempt to receive after sales support has been a fail.

Every time I wanted to support my local dealer (EdGunWest) and purchase parts, parts were not available.

1. When I needed purchase the tool, for the externally adjusted regulator, I had to buy it from another EdGun Leshiy 2 dealer (Spain).

2. When I needed to purchase a gasket for the E.A.R. assembly, he told me to source it from Amazon.

3. When I needed to purchase an O-Ring, for the E.A.R. assembly, he told me to source it from Amazon.

4. When I needed to purchase a 16mm lock pin, he told me submit a $250 repair ticket. I had to buy the 16mm lock pin from another EdGun Leshiy 2 dealer (Spain).

5. When my Mini Rover Direct Fill Compressor failed, in less the two months after purchase in September, I contacted Brian November 5th, he gave me a bunch of excuses and to this date still has not provided warranty repair/replacement for the prematurely failed direct fill compressor.
the Spain store has much better customer service (Matias & Leonardo I think) who really care about customer experience.. after orders getting incorrectly filled more than once, and a lame excuse for sending the incorrect locking pin, saying it is not supposed to be perfect, I stopped buying anything from EGW long time ago.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
I've been on this forum for quite a few years and had not seen this thread until yesterday, probably because I'd never even heard of a Leshiy until a few weeks ago and didn't receive my own Leshiy 2 Wolverine Short REPR until Friday afternoon :)
I opted for the 250mm 177 caliber barrel as I knew I'd be burning through a ton of lead with that semi auto feature.
After 60 years of pushing air I'll say things have come a long, long ways since the ole Red Ryder days :)
First impressions of the gun after that big brown truck dropped it off Friday afternoon:
I was expecting a "mouse walking on cotton quiet" when I pulled that trigger for the first time......WRONG !!!!!!!!!!
This gun sounded louder to me than my 30 cal Cricket II.
It didn't take long though to have my wife shoot it while I stood about 15 yards away and found that it really is extremely quiet down range.
I suppose I'll have to get used to that magazine indexing blast until DonnyFl or someone comes up with a solution for that.
Accuracy - Dear Jesus! It was way more than I'd expected!!!
I had Brian tune it to shoot the JSB Monster 13.4 gr and can say that he really did EXACTLY that.
25 yards, same exact hole every shot. Couldn't help but give that semi auto a go and ripped off eight rounds as fast as I could and it was still one slightly larger ragged hole.
Moved to my 40 yard target and the first shot would've won a turkey shoot :) Unbelievable!!!
Was too dark to shoot anymore after that and I couldn't wait to get up yesterday and see how many tins I could empty.
I'd ordered the JSB 13.4, Barracuda Match 10.6, Hades 10.4 and NSA slugs 15 gr.
All shot extremely well at 25 yards with the Hades probably being in last place.
I was really impressed at how well it shot the slugs with the short barrel. My only concern was them slipping out of the magazine down into the barrel.
The only issue I had after about 800 rounds:
While shooting the Hades, and after about 400 rounds of the different pellets, I took a shot and heard a very loud "cracking" sound.
About the only thing I could relate it to would be dry firing a springer.
The Hades did hit exactly where it was aimed nonetheless.
I continued on and it happened again about twenty shots later.
Not being sure what it was and not wanting to press my luck I switched back to the heavier JSB Monsters and didn't have it happen again.
I'd baselined the gun over the chrony the very first thing and the JSB's were in the low 800 ranger and the Hades around 890.
So I know I wasn't getting anywhere close to the dreaded sonic crack.
If anyone else has run into this same situation please do let me know what you found and any potential damage it might cause or could cause further down the line.
Very happy to have found this thread and look forwards to everyone's thoughts and seeing the crazy wild cool upgrades being done.
My plan was, and still is, that if this gun proves trustworthy I'll be purchasing the 25 & 30 cal barrel kits soon.

Kindest Regards!
Rick

Looks like your gun has the monster plenum from the 9mm model. Interesting...
It does, because I ordered the 9mm model but with a 350mm .22 barrel. And per JackK's post about extending the shroud, my rifle came with that. It covers the entire barrel as you can see no silver under the shroud and my handguard does have M-Lok slots. The reason I know is when I first installed the Behemoth I could not get the quick connect off and the entire assembly unscrewed from the barrel. Once all separated a little lube on the Behemoth quick connect solved that issue and back part is secured to the barrel now.

IMG_7518.jpg
IMG_7428.jpg

Reactions: donut_man
More Behemoth pr0n...

The Valkyrie CF handguard for the 450mm barrel modified to fit with the Behemoth perfectly, with minimal gap. I chopped the carbon tube on *both* ends and redrilled the mounting holes. Sorry I don't remember the exact measurements. And it does not look the same can be done as cleanly with the 350mm barrel though: the cut is going to be in the middle of an MLOK slot no matter how you slice it.

Yeah some barrel is showing with the OEM reflex shroud. I'll probably do what Jack.K did and make my own extended/larger diameter reflex tube.

20230716_101939.jpg

20230716_101956.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tnbndr and Jack.K
Good to hear and I'm hoping mine stays in perfect working shape so I can go ahead upgrade to the big boy club in 30 cal.
Heck, I might even end up selling my trusted 30 cal Cricket if things work out.
As far as the mechanical noise, I've been fiddling around with it this morning.
I took a melamine foam pad and completely encased the entire magazine area and took a shot......getting closer to the mouse walking on cotton :) :)
It really dropped that back end noise considerably!
Now I've just got to figure out how to get it on the gun, have it cycle, have the pad stay attached and not have it look like something I bought at a yard sale - lol

Reactions: dv8eod
... And per JackK's post about extending the shroud, my rifle came with that. It covers the entire barrel as you can see no silver under the shroud and my handguard does have M-Lok slots. The reason I know is when I first installed the Behemoth I could not get the quick connect off and the entire assembly unscrewed from the barrel. Once all separated a little lube on the Behemoth quick connect solved that issue and back part is secured to the barrel now.
Wait. Are you saying the reflex shroud of the Behemoth is longer with 350mm L2-9 than the Behemoth-Reflex setup you can buy separately? Clearly would prefer the longer reflex shroud. Wonder if that can be ordered separately.

Reactions: tnbndr
... Unfortunately the 350mm reflex shroud is kinda short so I made longer and bigger diameter shroud to replace the factory shroud which add to the initial discharge chamber for the Behemoth moderator. This dropped almost an additional 5db on my sound meter during testing with the meter mounted on a tripod 12ft away.
A 5db reduction is significant! Does the increased diameter affect usage of M-Loc holes? Perhaps you can share the process making this reflex shroud to the forum. Thanks.

A 5db reduction is significant! Does the increased diameter affect usage of M-Loc holes? Perhaps you can share the process making this reflex shroud to the forum. Thanks.
I was surprised at the amount of reduction on my sound level reading just from adding some additional volume to the reflex shroud. The factory shroud is about 32mm in diameter and 76mm long including the end cap. The shroud that I made is about 38mm in diameter and 102mm long. The shroud is attached to the Behemoth reflex QD with 30x1.5mm thread. As for the use of the M-Loc with the bigger shroud I have no problem using the rail, I have a picatinny rail attached to the bottom of the handguard. Some of the longer M-Loc screws might have to cut down. Both should fits inside the handguard without the barrel showing through the M-loc opening. For my sound testing I had a sound level meter attached to tripod at the same height as my shooting position 12 ft away and fired 2 shots each with factory reflex shroud vs the bigger shroud. The reading was 73.8 & 73.5 vs 68.8 & 68.9 db.
IMG_3510.jpeg
IMG_3509.jpeg
IMG_3508.jpeg
IMG_3507.jpeg
IMG_3560.jpeg
IMG_3559.jpeg

L2 Behemoth shroud tube 100mm .jpeg

Here is a cut away view of the shroud

Last edited:
... The factory shroud is about 32mm in diameter and 76mm long including the end cap. The shroud that I made is about 38mm in diameter and 102mm long. The shroud is attached to the Behemoth reflex QD with 30x1.5mm thread. ...
View attachment 373464
Here is a cut away view of the shroud
Cool. So, where did you source the tubing how did you fabric the CF barrel to be compatible with Tri-lug endpiece? And how did you fabricate the perforated endpiece? 3d? A 5db reduction would well be worth the investment to DIY this.

Wait. Are you saying the reflex shroud of the Behemoth is longer with 350mm L2-9 than the Behemoth-Reflex setup you can buy separately? Clearly would prefer the longer reflex shroud. Wonder if that can be ordered separately.
A call to Edgun West should answer all your questions.
There seems to be a lot of variations out there.

Redneck solution bigHUN:
Leave it to an ole country fart to trash up a gorgeous gun :)
I've had the Edgun for about a week now and have fallen completely for it......Laser Beam accuracy!!!
I'd read and watched everything I could about the gun before finally buying one.
About the only concern I'd found consistently mentioned was the rear end noise.
I don't have a DB meter but I do have wife that's just as good :) :)
I can't count the times I've been downstairs shooting a new gun out the back window and had her shout down "what the heck are ya shooting".
That's pretty much what I got from my "DB meter" upon the first shots with the new Leshiy 2 177cal.
So:
For the front end noise I got a DonnyFL 250mm shroud kit with the 1/2x20 threads on the end, then took all of my moderators and went through them one by one for comparison.
The clear winner was the STO Sarissa Accipiter.
She said it was much quieter when she was outside listening, but said it still sounded loud when she was behind me.
So:
For the rear end noise I got out my trusted melamine foam pads (aka Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads).
I've used these pads over the years on the moderators I have that utilize felt or some other type of material.....take the original material out and replace it with the melamine foam.
It's worked on every one I've tried!
I took a full pad and held it over the rear end and took my first shot......WOW!
Big difference!!!
Only issue was I was holding it down snug enough that the magazine didn't index.
Then I decided to cut strips of the pad and place over the rear end around the vent holes....Much better and the magazine indexed just fine.
I ended up putting one layer of foam on, pulling the neoprene pad up over everything.
This worked for a few shots but the little puffs of vented air blew everything back.
So out comes the black Gorilla tape :)
Ended up putting a second layer of foam over the neoprene cover and taped everything up.
Perfect !!!!!
The rear end noise is all but gone, just a little puffttt now.
Very quiet and the vents still allow the air to escape through the foam and tape and are pointed forwards now instead of to the sides and top.
My "DB meter" never even hears me shooting anymore :)
Hopefully Ed or some very inventive soul out there will see this and come up with a foam lined cap that will fit over the rear end and actually look nice:)
Until then, I'm keeping things just like they are and ordering myself a 30 cal barrel kit and I have no doubt the Sarissa will handle this as it came off on my 30 cal Cricket 2 cannon, which it tamed to backyard friendly easily.

Kindest Regards!

IMG_8608.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

... but I do have wife that's just as good :) :)
and we can't take a battery out of that one ;)
Have you tried to tape over the R2D2 tower metal "cap" ??? because it is not air sealed so I am suspecting some noise is escaping there as well.
In a next week - or two - I will visit a friend of my, he's shop has a scanner. I need a precision dimmensioned dowel hole location first and I can design a new piece. But it will be larger where we shall be able to insert the dampening material underneath inside. Designing and 3d printing is easy but need those hole locations.