• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy 2- Help to improve accuracy ?

Hey folks. Am kind of struggling with the L2. Appreciate any help that comes by. I have the L2 250 mm. Also have the L1. I love Edgun’s. But am unable to figure out what’s going on with the L2. My groups at 50 yards range between 2 to 3 inches sometimes 4 inches. 

Now I know you can’t expect epic accuracy out of an airgun that shoots from the mag but 2-3 inches sometimes 4 inches tells me that maybe there is something wrong. Through the scope my pellets seem to be corkscrewing. I get a few shots tight almost in the same hole and then a few just go berserk. Am listing down some of the stuff I’ve tried to improve the accuracy and have also added some pics of groups. Each square on the target is an inch.

Any help or experiences from leshiy 2 owners will make my day. 

1. Tried JSB18, H&N, JSB redesigned, Haedes. All of them had the same problem. A few tight shots and then 3-4 corkscrews. 
2. Ensured the barrel was fitted properly and not pushing against the roller wheel of the mag. Checked all screws. No loose stuff there. 
3. Checked for clipping. No clips. Also changed the original mod for a new one. Still no difference. 
4. Cleaned the barrel a few times . 
5. After putting maybe 2 tins through it, I Reduced the Reg which was factory set to 130 bar down to 115. I figured lower speed may reduce the turbulence behind the pellet . That didnt to anything for accuracy but it did increase my shot count. 😀
6. Tried 2 scopes both of which work perfectly on my crown, impact and L1 leshiy to rule out any scope issue.
7. Used a red dot as well. With the red dot hitting a 5 inch metal target at 70 yards is super. It hits the target every time but the target is 5 inches. Here also the groups are around 3-4 inches. 
7. Tried a few different holds. Light, hard. Tried using slow trigger pull and fast. 
8. Shot atleast 200 shots over the chrony. Extreme spread is 30 FPS while Std dev is 7.6 which I think isnt half bad. 

I love this little thing. It’s a load of fun. Wanted to know if the 2-3 inch groups at 50 yards with minimal wind are what everyone’s getting and I should make peace with it and enjoy it for what the L2 is OR am I doing something wrong. ? 

Much thanks in advance. 

3201C548-8508-4214-97EC-840E63151A53.1613304219.jpeg
331C9179-56DE-43A9-96ED-4F74C43DE14F.1613304219.jpeg

I see that you ran it over the chrony but no mention of speed/fps and with which pellet. Do you have the reg tester and power jets?

Tried 800 FPS JSB 18, H&N 21 at 790, Haedes 810 Redesigned at 770ish. And then post lowering Reg tried the JSB 18 at 710, Haedes at 720-730. Don’t have the Reg tester or the jets. Reduced to 115 ish bar by moving the Reg clockwise from 12 o clock to 3 o clock. I know it was factory set to 130 because it was written on the Reg. 

Hey folks. Am kind of struggling with the L2. Appreciate any help that comes by. I have the L2 250 mm. Also have the L1. I love Edgun’s. But am unable to figure out what’s going on with the L2. My groups at 50 yards range between 2 to 3 inches sometimes 4 inches.

You should at least expect 1 inch 8 shot group at that distance - with the right pellet at the right speed, clean barrel etc.

To rule out any problems with the breech lock up you could try this:

Start with a pellet you known performs well in same brand of barrel (I compared my L2 to the Classic, both Walther barrels, same length, same pellet at same speed)

Make sure the breech opening lever (and latch) is moving freely and returns against spring pressure (the spring placed inside the lever can drag against the frame if not seated properly)

Shoot 8 from the mag

Then again 8 shot from mag but this time open and close the breech for each shot

Then again 8 shot from mag but this time open and close the breech for each shot and push the opening lever forward each time to push the latch down in the lock hole

Compare the results

This is the difference it made for me from a distance of 35 yards, also included is 2 x 8 shot group single loaded directly in the barrel

leshiy 2, single load vs mag fed.1613305432.JPG

8. Shot atleast 200 shots over the chrony. Extreme spread is 30 FPS while Std dev is 7.6 which I think isnt half bad.

Mine do a bit better

Leshiy 2 - shotstring 13,43 gr 812 fps.1613305255.JPG

Somebody mentioned in another thread that a muzzle break might be a solution. I just got mine yesterday and haven’t even fired a pellet yet due to being out of air, but I did fire it without and was absolutely stunned that I was getting actual kickback from the amount of air that was coming out. It blew a box over that was at least 10 feet from me. I have had a lot of air rifles and this feels the most... intense maybe the word.

Also, I had a Steyr Hunting 5 Semi and it was hammerless as well. I could put pellet on pellet at 50 yards, so I don’t believe that the leshiy isn’t capable of good accuracy.... but holy crap is it loud.

The two things on the fleshy for me are the huge amount of air behind the pellet. This cause some to destabilize. Since it is such a short barrel it needs a huger burst of air to get it up to speed. Tone it down, or yes buy a muzzle break to disperse the air.

Second, it shoots from the magazine into the barrel. The transfer can be turbulent. Lubrication on the pellets seems to help with my huben a lot. My L2 has not been having any accuracy issues, so I have not tested yet.

You should at least expect 1 inch 8 shot group at that distance - with the right pellet at the right speed, clean barrel etc.

To rule out any problems with the breech lock up you could try this:

Start with a pellet you known performs well in same brand of barrel (I compared my L2 to the Classic, both Walther barrels, same length, same pellet at same speed)

Make sure the breech opening lever (and latch) is moving freely and returns against spring pressure (the spring placed inside the lever can drag against the frame if not seated properly)

Shoot 8 from the mag

Then again 8 shot from mag but this time open and close the breech for each shot

Then again 8 shot from mag but this time open and close the breech for each shot and push the opening lever forward each time to push the latch down in the lock hole

Compare the results

This is the difference it made for me from a distance of 35 yards, also included is 2 x 8 shot group single loaded directly in the barrel

leshiy 2, single load vs mag fed.1613305432.JPG

Mine do a bit better

Leshiy 2 - shotstring 13,43 gr 812 fps.1613305255.JPG

Thanks. I’ll give these ideas a shot. My lever does come back without dragging I’ll try the open and close for 8 shots

The two things on the fleshy for me are the huge amount of air behind the pellet. This cause some to destabilize. Since it is such a short barrel it needs a huger burst of air to get it up to speed. Tone it down, or yes buy a muzzle break to disperse the air.

Second, it shoots from the magazine into the barrel. The transfer can be turbulent. Lubrication on the pellets seems to help with my huben a lot. My L2 has not been having any accuracy issues, so I have not tested yet.

It’s already at 700 FPS. Not sure if going any lower will fix the problem. But I’ll give it a shot. Will also try lubricating. Thanks. 

Yep. It’s super loud. I needed ear plugs. Super duper loud. Got a new mod made. Now it’s a bit quiet. 

I personally haven't bought a Leshiy2 yet due to my own accuracy concern questions.

If it helps, I seat the pellets in my Steyr Hunting5 and PRO-X magazines consistently and noticed even better accuracy.

Same with my Hubens and LCS SK19s and Crosman 1077s and CR357s (Vigilante) and 38Ts.

Use a modified VERY short Golf Tee and seat all pellets the same dept for consistency.

I personally haven't bought a Leshiy2 yet due to my own accuracy concern questions.

If it helps, I seat the pellets in my Steyr Hunting5 and PRO-X magazines consistently and noticed even better accuracy.

Same with my Hubens and LCS SK19s and Crosman 1077s and CR357s (Vigilante) and 38Ts.

Use a modified VERY short Golf Tee and seat all pellets the same dept for consistency.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve just been pushing the pellet in normally. They are a bit loose. Will see if there is space to push them in more without jamming the mag. 

I know everybody wants to blame the gun so first thing to do is let someone you know is a good shot or maybe better than you, shoot your gun. Go back and forth between you and him or her and compare groups. My brother cant group worth crap with my Leshiy 2 .Its all in the tigger pull. You got to be consistent on every shot if your going to be shooting for groups. This isnt a bench rest gun but your groups should be better than what your getting. My Leshiy is tuned HOT for my .30 X450 barrel at 160 bar with the smallest nozzle and a screw plug in the valve. it is shooting JSB 46 and 50 grains sometimes ( that's sometimes) as good as my FX Maverick at 40 to 50 yards but shoots the FX Hybrids even better .The hybrids are sometimes loose and slide in the magazine so the one that aligns with the chamber slides into the chamber when pointing the barrel down. That might have some bearing on why they are shooting better than the pellets. My rifle came as a 350mm .22 and although it was supposed to be at 130 bar , my reg tester proved it was 143 bar. It had a .3 and a .7 nozzles in the valve. My .22 barrel dosent like the Hades at all as some others have had similar results so forget them. Mine also doesnt like most JSB 's I tried them all. It prefers H&N Baracudda's 22 grains and Hunter Extremes. Dont know why as the head sizes are the same except the Hades (smaller) , might be the alloy of the H&N's. Others on here are having good luck with the H&N's too. I tried some Slugs in the .22 barrel at the factory setting but they were too slow. After I tuned it for the .30 the .22 is shooting the FX Hybrids as good as the H&N pellets but im wasting a lot of air and it should be tuned down a little for that caliber unless you like slugs going fast with lot's of noise. I am finding it a little tough going back and forth between my Crown and Maverick and the Leshiy 2 as the trigger is so different and requires alot of concentration to get it right (quick pull without pulling off the target). I practiced with different hand and finger positions and found i was better in some than others. I have the Houge AR over molded grip on mine but feel if I had a larger grip I might do better so Ill be trying some others this spring. Good luck with your Leshiy 2 its an awesome weapon that just needs a little time and practice to get used to . 

I can assure you the barrels are not quality controlled unless a dealer does it or the end customer which is most likely.

I can assure you that LW has strict quality controls. Their barrels are excellent from the factory, and it's basically up to the buyer (the manufacturer of the gun) to preserve that accuracy, or screw it up. 

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding EdGun - so either post pics of your Edguns to substantiate your constant bashing or we'll all know that you're just another hater (for whatever reason) asserting nonsense in the hope that someone will believe it.

GsT

IF (barrel-less) Edguns have historically been shipped into the USA due to US-Russia import restriction then the separately shipped bulk barrels can probably be checked for QC in regards to accuracy during and after final assembley here b4 they get shipped out to all of the prepaid customers.

"BUT I REALLY DUNNO NUTTIN ABOUT IT''