• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edging Leshiy Classic Valve Stem - where to buy?

Have a picture of it? I may be able to machine one for you.

Leshiy classic, upper one failed, lower one new

leshiy classic valve fail.JPG

Reactions: Gr8Recreation
Never had any issues with my Leshiy valve but my Lelya went through them as regular as someone dosed on ex-lax using TP. I did get rid on my EdGuns not too long back. Great shooters though.
@Elbowgrease Did you determine why your Lelya was going through valve stems? What would occur that indicated that you’d broken one? To be clear, are you referring to a Lelya 2.0 or an original Lelya?

@Elbowgrease Did you determine why your Lelya was going through valve stems? What would occur that indicated that you’d broken one? To be clear, are you referring to a Lelya 2.0 or an original Lelya?
This was with the Lelya 2.0. Never did find out what was going on. I even backed off on the hammer spring tension. My only other suspect was the reg pressure being set to 125 bar instead of the 120 that they come with stock. Again I was just in thought about it. It was something I was going to make changes to before I got rid of it. Other then that I checked everything else. There was no binding or anything that I could find. One thing I can say is that the valve always broke in the same place. Like it was a weak spot or something in the design. Not knocking on Ed or anything. I loved the Lelya 2.0. For me the design was the perfect bullpup. I loved that thing. It shot well and was compact, but not to compact. While I was doing some research I did see that some basically said that the valve is a disposable part. I was looking at the schematics and noticed that there was a bushing missing but this was a power restrictor bushing used in the places where there are sub 12 foot pounds of energy limitations. I did make a non-restricting bushing that would offer some support. No luck. I even considered making my own valve for it. Around that time I did find a guy on the net that made custom valves for the Lelya but there were none in stock so I set up to be notified when they were back in stock. Never heard anything and kept checking back. By then I had another compact airgun I was looking at. Thats when I got rid of the Lelya.

@Elbowgrease Some of that makes sense. Why the valve would break in the same area is concerning. I did watch a video that Brian did with the introduction of the Huma power reg (just looks like an added plenum) that allowed him to reduce the reg pressure to 120 bar in .30 caliber. With that said, perhaps the hammer strike was too much for the material at a higher setting or maybe the hammer struck the valve in a way where there was uneven pressure from the impacts that eventually caused failure. It's mere speculation on my part, but good to be aware of whatever the case.

Reactions: Elbowgrease