• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

eBay Air Tank question

"blackdiesel"Are you asking what the the 4 way valve is called? I just asked the attendant at the Parker Store for a 4 way valve with female 1/4" connectors. I screwed the gauge in one hole, the bleed valve in another, the CGA347 connector in another and the hose in the last hole. 

This is Joe B's version

And this is the one I built. Notice Joe B's version is smaller and more compact

Yes. The 4 way that JOE uses. I have a sneaky suspicion that he might just be drilling and tapping his own fittings. That was what another company eluded to. Not that it is a bad thing, just might be the reason I cannot find the parts anywhere. 

Any chance Joes 4 way has a number on it or anything that identifies the manufacturer? Do you know what the thread pitch is on the gauge and bleed valve side? Is it all 1/4" or 3 of them 1/4" and another for the bleeder valve at a 1/8" pitch?

No numbers on it. However, I know there is a part similar at the Colliflower store. I showed them a picture of what I was trying build. At the time they were out of them and I opted for the standard 4 way valve, I think all the thread pitch are 1/4" inch though. The bleed valve on the Joe B unit is connected into the valve itself and the exhaust hole is in the main valve, all other connector threads are 1/4". It may be a part he had specially made for his use.

My concern is that you need to purchase high-pressure fittings.. Not hardware store type.
So PLEASE buy fittings appropriately rated...

The one you show from Joe is not a 4-way cross type fitting as the one Blackdiesel shows.
Here is one reference I found: Cross4-way connections, providing one inlet and three outlets or vice versa. Crosses are less steady than tees, and can generate high stress on the pipe with temperature changes.
I'm not versed in high pressure fittings.. Just cautious...

Joe may be a bit higher priced... But, if what he provides is safe........

Dan

"buffdan"My concern is that you need to purchase high-pressure fittings.. Not hardware store type.
So PLEASE buy fittings appropriately rated...

The one you show from Joe is not a 4-way cross type fitting as the one Blackdiesel shows.
Here is one reference I found: Cross4-way connections, providing one inlet and three outlets or vice versa. Crosses are less steady than tees, and can generate high stress on the pipe with temperature changes.
I'm not versed in high pressure fittings.. Just cautious...

Joe may be a bit higher priced... But, if what he provides is safe........

Dan
The Parker Store and Colliflower both sells pneumatic/hydraulic fittings which are high pressure rated. In fact, most of the fittings I got are rated at 10k psi.