• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

East Texas Air Gun Club

I have a great place for a club, we have a range being set up, a huge gathering area on the top of the hill and an air-conditioned building.

About 3 miles north of Tyler TX on 271

I want to get an idea of how many people are in the area and would be interested in a club. Please PM or post if interested

There is also land available for field targets but it will take some work to cut out lanes and get it ready 

1564083871_4916482105d3a069f87f2d3.84998850_15640836989498173791656027440617.jpg

1564084315_20238790395d3a085b221046.90887158_1564084060236826674928134630480.jpg

I’m in. I live in Terrell and we’ve been going 1.5 hours west for matches, so an hour east would be closer for us. We’ve also been going to Brownsboro for cowboy action shooting.

I haven’t attended my first FT match yet and I was hoping to do that next month. Cousins paintball in Forney used to lease an area to some folks who put in a thousand yard rifle range, and no one is using it now. I was thinking about maybe approaching them about doing FT out there once I get some experience.

I emailed a link to this thread to a buddy in Tyler and another not far from there; neither of which participate on the forums. The buddy in Tyler said he'd definitely participate in events, and the other said he has some field targets he'd DONATE to a new airgun club in Tyler. 

Being 2-3 hours from Tyler, I might occasionally make the drive for matches attractive enough to overcome my allergy to long drives. 

Willie, having co-founded Texas' first FT club and helped the others get started, I can tell you the first biggest hurdle is a property to do it. The air conditioned building is a huge bonus, and it seems you have some good interest in a Tyler club,

The other biggest hurdle is at least one individual willing to take the ball and run with it. Sounds like YOU... might have that too!

Good luck Bud, and HAPPY SHOOTING.

I have a lot of folks saying they are interested just need to find a date when folks are available so we can start building a charter and get the club up and going.

P.M me with your email and availability, 

I will start an group email and we will see if we can get this up and going

Please include if possible if your are will and able to put some time in getting the club up and going