• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Eagle Vision INS Adjustable Scope Rings 2 Piece Install help.

Hey Guys,

I picked up a new Rifle and plan on zeroing it at 50 yards. I plan on shooting out to 100 yards on the regular, probably not so much past 100, but I definitey want test the limits.

I have never had a set of adjustable rings like the EV's: https://utahairguns.com/product/eaglevision-ins-adjustable-scope-rings-2-piece/
and fount this thread:

Brian left some instruction that sound pretty legit, can anyone else give me some advice?

Appreciate it.

Eric

Reactions: Centercut
Found this video:
At 3:06, it is mentioned to jack the rear mount all the way up for long range shooting.

My regular shooting will be at various distances out to 100 yards, and learning how to shoot tight groups at 100.

My original thoughts were to use the elevation of the mounts and get as close to my zero distance of 50 yards without dialing the Scope?
I don't think it makes sense in my case to jack the rear mounts all the way up? Advice needed and much appreciated.

Those mounts have many benefits.

Because those rings are adjustable, and your new guns cheek piece may not be, you can set the back scope ring to a good height for to our eye. I'd do this procedure versus just jacking the back end up as high as it will go. Let your eye placement dictate the ring height.

Also, if you are limiting the range to 50 and sometimes 100 yards then it would be best to leave the scope optically centered (at 50 yard zero) and use the front ring to help dictate the MOA cant to get you on target.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Beyond potentially helping with cheek weld, the only value in the adjustable mounts is that they offer additional elevation adjustment range when your scope runs out of it. Id leave them flat and see if you’ve got some elevation adjustment left in the scope at the 100 yards you mention, and if so either run it that way or buy some fixed height rings. Some guns have some can’t built into their scope rails, and (depending on the scope) you may have a lot left to take you some distance past 100 without introducing the potential variable of the mounts moving. On the other hand if you think that you might occasionally really want to push your distance out there, raise your reticle to the upper end of the scope’s range with the turret, cant the rings as far as they’ll go, and see if you can still zero at your minimum range. If you can, make sure everything is tight and put a witness mark across the back of the rear ring.

Those mounts have many benefits.

Because those rings are adjustable, and your new guns cheek piece may not be, you can set the back scope ring to a good height for to our eye. I'd do this procedure versus just jacking the back end up as high as it will go. Let your eye placement dictate the ring height.

Also, if you are limiting the range to 50 and sometimes 100 yards then it would be best to leave the scope optically centered (at 50 yard zero) and use the front ring to help dictate the MOA cant to get you on target.
I have a nice cheekrest, and I am going to give the mounts a go. I am going to stick with my original plan and attempt to adjust elevation at at my 50 yard zero and I guess it will be a learning experience for my shooting situation. I enjoyed the video. Thanks!

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Beyond potentially helping with cheek weld, the only value in the adjustable mounts is that they offer additional elevation adjustment range when your scope runs out of it. Id leave them flat and see if you’ve got some elevation adjustment left in the scope at the 100 yards you mention, and if so either run it that way or buy some fixed height rings. Some guns have some can’t built into their scope rails, and (depending on the scope) you may have a lot left to take you some distance past 100 without introducing the potential variable of the mounts moving. On the other hand if you think that you might occasionally really want to push your distance out there, raise your reticle to the upper end of the scope’s range with the turret, cant the rings as far as they’ll go, and see if you can still zero at your minimum range. If you can, make sure everything is tight and put a witness mark across the back of the rear ring.
I may end up going this route after seeing how much mount movement it takes to adjust at my 50 yard zero. I am disapointed in the lack of information on the setup of these mounts online, and disapointed the they did not include any instructions. Of course in hindsight, I see now that I should have started an advice thread on the usefulness of these mounts for my shooting case. I agree and concerned about the potential of movement causing POI issues. Hopefully not an issue. Thanks for replying.

Without knowing what caliber you are working with, here's a generic dope chart that I pulled off Strelok Pro for a .25 caliber, 34 grain pellet. I changed the zero distance to a 50 yard zero so you can get an idea of drop and elevation adjustment. Going from 50 yard to 100!yards is about 11 MOA dial up. I can make you a better, more precise chart if you let us know the gun, ammo, and approximate speeds.

Screenshot_20240104-134450~2.png

I know that these instructions are NOT for the rings that are installing, however, there is excellent information on the MOA gain/minus when setting these sort of adjustable rings up.
By the way, I also have used the Eagle Vision adjustable rings with excellent results.

View attachment INSTR-0200 XTR Signature Rings Instruction.pdf