• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Duct Seal at Amazon

That looks like a good deal Thanks! I ordered a custom bullet/pellet trap in fact it should be here today: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-x16-x16-22-Trap-Deceleration-Chamber-Made-in-USA-Free-Shipping-Sale-/261532936005?

I plan to dampen it somehow. Its a larger one than the Champion and similar ones. Its mouth is 16"x16". I may use duct seal but will take quit a bit for this larger one. I was thinking of gluing high density foam carpet pad to the steel then 3/4" plywood on top of that like a foam sandwich. At least on the top and sides. Would not add as much weight that way (Maybe). I will have to experiment with it.

This is what I use. It is a 2"x8" Box that I cut two groves in the sides. I lay it on the back and fill it with rubber mulch from Home Depot. Then after packing it in as tight as possible I slide a piece of foam board that you get at Wal Mart for 1.77 a sheet, It is like 24" x 30" so it needs to be cut down with a razor knife. i then stand it up and the mulch stays put. The slide another piece in the front groves and atttach your targets. Take a beating and keeps going...I used it for 9 months with the same boards in place. I used to use it to site in at various distances for FT. Now I have a diff set up. It is about 6" thick with a 3/4" recessed plywood back. It stops .22 pellets at 32 FPE dead! I don't see a problem with .25s . The pellets eventually end up on the bottom, working their way down from vibration. Best of all there is no ricochets.

You can go bigger too......

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Reactions: ztirffritz
I too have looked at the foam horse stall mats. I may just get one to experiment with. I can fire up to my friends .50 cal Dragon Claw. I work with metal so I will make a respectable backstop of steel to see the splatter effect. I will post here if/when I do it. My best backstop so far is 2 tons of fill dirt. Tough to get into a 24"x24" box though...LOL