Drager SCBA bottles

"rancho"Has anyone gotten theirs filled yet? Is there any requirement that these tanks have a DOT certification? I know they show the European certification, but I didn't see a DOT certification.

I sure hope I'm wrong and don't wanna rain on anyone's parade BUT I think folks buying these may very well have a hard time getting them filled since the are from Europe or in at least one case Singapore. Seems like a great deal but what caught my attention was that hydro sticker from Singapore. Long story short, a guy had one of these in the classifieds on another forum (for over twice the current price). I was strongly considering buying it. I asked for pics all the way around the tank and noticed the hydro sticker from Singapore. EXACT same pic in his list of tanks on ebay, the #s match. I question him about it not being from the U.S. and maybe not DOT approved. He ended up emailing me that he was taking it down because a lot of folks were not going to be able to get them filled and he didn't want anyone upset with him. I am FAR from an expert concerning this but if you get your tank filled at a place that strictly adheres to the rules I think you may very well have a problem. Hope I'm wrong but buyer beware!
Ed
Btw, how does a tank born in 2009 be good until 2029--20 (twenty ) years????

I took my scuba tanks to the place where dive shops and industrial tank dealers, take their tanks to get hydro tested,

I dropped them off and picked them up 3 days later, 21 dollars each, they did a great job, not a scratch on them, other than the stamp showing the date etc.

See if there is a place close by, maybe in an industrial area that handles all kinds of tanks that hold different gases etc. they all have to be hydroed.

My scuba tanks are 5 years old, faber steel, 3442 psi, an 80 and a 117, never been in the water, now i fill them.

I also have an omega 75 scba

Do a search for a place that does hydro test, or can conduct DOT.test.

It would seem that the filler may want a USA hydro-if they don't have it. I couldn't find a requirement that an SCBA bottle have a DOT certification for consumer use. I thought the 15 year limit was for SERVICE date, not manufacture date. Possibly more important is that a potential purchaser look at the valve to see what sort of fill apparatus they require. I also spent an enjoyable evening learning about tank certifications and testing. I had a stikman fill device yesterday and now I either need to return it or try to sell it here. These tanks are still a bargain and particularly so for those who have their own compressors or "gotta guy'. I have a great white tank and it is the cadillac of tanks but I wasn't about to get a second one as a "spare". The bottom line on these tanks and tanks like them is that if you are contemplating PCP, don't let the price of the support equipment like tanks get in the way. By used and have several tanks-then your biggest worry will be how many pellets you have on hand.