Don't Laugh until you have tried it.

"amoxom"I got a negative accuracy post also for saying shooting tails off was sociopathic behavior..... I still stand behind that comment. Torturing animals in any form and not having remorse and downplaying the reactions of others about is indeed sociopathic.
Then I deserve a negative as well, because I wrote "sadist". I stand by my remark as well. 

Reactions: hasenpfeffer
"oldspook"This thread just needs to be locked.
On one hand I completely agree. Rather than locked, maybe deleted.

On the other hand, it demonstrates that the majority of AG hunters (or at least those who chose to chime in) are ethical, responsible, moral hunters. It also shows that this type of behavior should not, and will not be tolerated on this forum.

This thread has now got me shooting lizards. I am always getting catalogs and magazines and out falls that deplorable Geico Gecko. Turns out he is a perfect 25 to 50 yard target. I encourage all air gunners to use this readily available target. Shoot any part you like........the gecko won't feel a thing and if you are a lucky person who does not have these targets falling out of received catalogs then a search for Geico Gecko will turn up many images you can print! :p

Thurmond

Reactions: marcella69
"T3PRanch"This thread has now got me shooting lizards. I am always getting catalogs and magazines and out falls that deplorable Geico Gecko. Turns out he is a perfect 25 to 50 yard target. I encourage all air gunners to use this readily available target. Shoot any part you like........the gecko won't feel a thing and if you are a lucky person who does not have these targets falling out of received catalogs then a search for Geico Gecko will turn up many images you can print! :p

Thurmond
The thread has run so long and it is so filled with hate that I have taken up shooting the tails off of squirrels. They don't seem to mind and dogs have a harder time catching them without that long fluffy tail trailing behind as they just barely escape up the nearest tree. I just tell the neighbors that these are the "Eastern Gray No Tail" which is a rare and very valuable subspecies of the "Eastern Gray with Tail". I explain to them that the squirrel has evolved to shed it's tail at puberty because of pressure from the local coyote population and that this adaptation has helped them to become so prolific that any grove where they are seen needs to be hunted every winter by an old man with an air rifle. Three new permissions this week.