• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does the Veteran HST have a solid stop at full tension?

I want to adjust my fps on the run in the field, if I decide to change from pellets to slugs. On other guns I could max out the hst, then back it up a certain number of turns to get my fps balanced with the projectile weight. The Veteran .25 does not appear to have a solid stop at max tension.

Thoughts?

What is max tension? For me is when I couldn't cock the gun. I do exactly what you are describing but replacing everywhere you say "max out the hst" with "cannot cock the gun"

You can add mark the HST adjuster so you know where to set it up for each individual application (pellet vs slugs)

It's not too hard to keep track. As I've mentioned, i like my Veteran Short at 20 fpe, but I play with it at 28fpe at times. I know that one full revolution in from from where it sits to produce 20, will make 28fpe. Another 1/2 revolution is maximum and won t cock. So, slightly less than 1.5 turns in from where I normally leave it, is maximum power at about 32 fpe ( i consider 32 fpe to be too much air for the short barrel-it's loud and wastes air-28fpe is kinda my max before I feel like I'm on the wrong side of the efficiency curve). There are two holes for pins, top pin at noon and bottom pin at 6 o clock = 20 fpe. One revolution is the noon pin going all the way around back to noon. You can also glance at how many threads are showing on the brass spring tension adjust to know where you're at. Max power with my specimen happens to have the face of the spring tension adjust flush with the back of the receiver.