• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does "only kill what you will eat " include feeding your dog?

Growing up us kids would be sent out hunting rabbits and squirrels that would be lightly stewed and used as dog food 

We had some of the healthiest dogs around not to mention some darn good times.

When I was driving a truck and my car was parked at home I had rabbits that cost me 1500 when they chewed up the wire harness in a brand new Chevy and I do mean brand new didn't have 1000 miles on it yet I totally went Elmer Fudd on the furry buggers 

Unfortunately Squirrel in East Texas is considered game animal with a season you can only take them out of season with proof that they are damaging your home or property and then you are not supposed to sell the fur or anything.

Every living thing has to eat. Killing should never be a pleasure; however, when it is necessary it is irresponsible and bad stewardship not to do it. Sadly there are a lot of folks who make those kinds of decisions based upon how they "feel" about them rather than what is best practice.

That's a good looking dog you have there. I think he deserves a squirrel now and then. 😉 I took a squirrel the other day and cleaned him up. My GSD was watching. I pulled out the heart and tossed it to him ... and he would not eat it? Damn city dog. =)

Meeps lures used to buy squirrel tails dont know if they still do, problem was one paid more to mail them than they got paid for. ive got a buddy who shaved his own beard to use to make lures, now i save the tails for him. the bodies i donate to my taxidermist who is a master falconer and feeds his hawks with the squirrels in his off season.
1577629168_14841768015e08b5f0d0bef3.96083608_Fannie and I.jpg

I hunt for the joy of killing & outdoor exercise. The sport/skill of being able to hit a tiny squirrel in the head at 50 plus yards with a tiny pellet & watching him fall. I have hunted for over 50 years now, and still get a lot of pleasure in squirrel huntin. Every squirrel I ever killed someone has ate. I was taught as a child to only kill what you eat. However I once threw a whole stringer of fish away after a day of fishing cause I was too tired, no too damn lazy to clean them, so I will never judge someone else for what they do with their game. I have lived long enough to have committed a lot of sins, still commit a few & now live by " Judge not lest ye be Judged". & " live & let live" Happy Huntin 😁

PS , Hunters need to stick together not condem, we have enough people condemning us. Happy Huntin. 😁