• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do you think a cooking sub- section of Hunting thread would be a good idea?

Pork marinade or glaze
disclaimer:
I use recipes as general suggestions when I cook and rarely measure anything so this is just off the top of my head.... YMMV
here goes
2-3 Tbl sp olive oil
1/2 c. wine what ever you have on hand . (substitute your favorite beer or hard cider here).
1/4c. (low sodium) soy sauce
1/4 c. Vernors ginger ale
zest and juice of one half orange BTW the "zest" is a little finely grated skin of citrus fruit
for those uninitiated cooks, after washing just grate a little of that orange peel into the mix.
you can get a little chrome file type tool for the job inexpensively online or your nearest big box store. or maybe a dedicated course file will do the job as well lol
1 Tbl sp. fresh ginger shredded thinly, substitute 1/4 tsp. dry powdered spice
2 Tbl sp. minced garlic
1Tbl. sp. brown sugar
1 or 2 .diced jalapeno or other peppers of your choice (scotch bonnet or ghost pepper) if so inclined.
1/2 med onion diced
other spices can be added like fresh basil, thyme, or curry. feel free to experiment.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. saute onion, garlic. ginger, peppers and brown sugar . (about 3 minutes) you can add a little water as needed
think a tsp. at a time to allow everything to mix. Use Caution with adding water to a hot pan!
you'all remember what they say about about "playin' with fire", "running with scissors" etc. enough said.
now add meat, whole or thinly sliced. browning for 1 or 2 minutes. ( 1-2 min. per side if whole) lightly brown, rare is better here . you're not really cooking the meat here just getting the flavor.
Pour in all the liquid ingredients stirring to de glaze the pan. add orange juice and zest too (get all those little brown flavor bits in the pan) simmer another minute or two.
Now remove from heat and let everything stand to rest and cool. 30minutes or so. Once cool pour entire content of pan into a large zip loc bag or glass baking dish.
cover and place in fridge for 4 to 6-24 hours.
longer is best.
salt and pepper as you like it.
this can be used for duck or venison etc. before grilling or oven roasting as marinade
or just dump the whole mess in a slow cooker for 4-6 hrs.
cheers!
Hushpuppy
call me out if any of this sounds wrong or ya have questions. I just ran from memory here .:cool:

Last edited:
Pork marinade or glaze
disclaimer:
I use recipes as general suggestions when I cook and rarely measure anything so this is just off the top of my head.... YMMV
here goes
2-3 Tbl sp olive oil
1/2 c. wine what ever you have on hand . (substitute your favorite beer or hard cider here).
1/4c. (low sodium) soy sauce
1/4 c. Vernors ginger ale
zest and juice of one half orange BTW the "zest" is a little finely grated skin of citrus fruit
for those uninitiated cooks, after washing just grate a little of that orange peel into the mix.
you can get a little chrome file type tool for the job inexpensively online or your nearest big box store. or maybe a dedicated course file will do the job as well lol
1 Tbl sp. fresh ginger shredded thinly, substitute 1/4 tsp. dry powdered spice
2 Tbl sp. minced garlic
1Tbl. sp. brown sugar
1 or 2 .diced jalapeno or other peppers of your choice (scotch bonnet or ghost pepper) if so inclined.
1/2 med onion diced
other spices can be added like fresh basil, thyme, or curry. feel free to experiment.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. saute onion, garlic. ginger, peppers and brown sugar . (about 3 minutes) you can add a little water as needed
think a tsp. at a time to allow everything to mix. Use Caution with adding water to a hot pan!
you'all remember what they say about about "playin' with fire", "running with scissors" etc. enough said.
now add meat, whole or thinly sliced. browning for 1 or 2 minutes. ( 1-2 min. per side if whole) lightly brown, rare is better here . you're not really cooking the meat here just getting the flavor.
Pour in all the liquid ingredients stirring to de glaze the pan. add orange juice and zest too (get all those little brown flavor bits in the pan) simmer another minute or two.
Now remove from heat and let everything stand to rest and cool. 30minutes or so. Once cool pour entire content of pan into a large zip loc bag or glass baking dish.
cover and place in fridge for 4 to 6-24 hours.
longer is best.
salt and pepper as you like it.
this can be used for duck or venison etc. before grilling or oven roasting as marinade
or just dump the whole mess in a slow cooker for 4-6 hrs.
cheers!
Hushpuppy
call me out if any of this sounds wrong or ya have questions. I just ran from memory here .:cool:
Already sent to my wife !!!

Thanks.

Awww ya cooking! Any meat over the fire can get lawrys seasoning salt! I usually freestyle the rest or search for award winning/top rated recipes on Google for 1 to try. If you haven't had food over the open fire you are missing out!
20230609_130325.jpg
20181125_172112.jpg
20181229_151452.jpg
20181229_151638.jpg