• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DIY Gun Stock Question

Daxx

Jul 2, 2015
A while back I had found a series of videos from a guy that clamped a wood blank and used a hand router and router guides to make the entire gun stock. I didn't bookmark it and cannot find it not matter how much I search. Seems like I accidentally found it once before on a Swedish or Danish air gun forum.

Anyway, if anyone knows of that video series or can point me in the right direction to get started on making my own custom wood stock, especially using a hand router, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Daxx

Daxx. It is doable with simple tools. To me the biggest task was the bedding, but it did came out by using a drill first, and mark the depth before drilling the wholes as a guideline for the carving. When the bedding is done, the rest gives itself. But you have to dedicate yourself to the task. For me - it became a summer project.

As the barrel channel on a PCP rifle is usually an air cylinder channel, it's not tapered in that section of the inletting. I was going to try drilling through horizontally using a spade bit of the same diameter as the air tube and then sawing off the top. With a drill press and an extension to make the spade bit long enough, it could be a quick method of bedding for wood stocks..