• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Discovery education please

I am researching my next scope and have been looking at the Discovery line up. I am wondering what (if any) differences there are between the VT-T series and the HD series. I am open to other recommendations. Here are some of the features that I want: approx $300 price point, first focal plane preferred (but not an absolute must have), good turrets for dialing, 18 to 25X magnification, and of course CLARITY is king. This scope will be mounted on a BSA R10 - replacing a Hawke Vantage 4-16. I also have an Athlon Argos 6-24 BTR for possible comparisons. 

Vt line don't have iluminated reticle hd have iluminated reticle . The hd glass have superior couting on papers , don't know if any real difference on the field .( Just ordered one) 

I was looking for a mil reticle, with mil tourrent ,first focal plane . I like the mil (tree tipe ) reticle on the hd 5-30x56 and hd 4-24x50 but the 5-30x56 is big and heavy 900gr . And the 4-24x50 is mil retc. / Moa torrent . No for me . 

The hd 5-25x50 is mil / mil .but the reticle have a partial tree tipe , anyways like a lot. I think it will be my next scope .

I end up buying the vt-3 6-18x44 compact mil/mil ffp 350 milimeters long and weight 500 grams .still really like the hd 5-25x50

I have a VT-T 4,5-18x44 and 2 HD 4-20x50 all are FFP. Like was said above, the VT-T series have no illumination but both have very nice glass. If you do not need IR get the VT-T series. If you get the HD series, Amazon carries Shimit scope covers that fit the HD series and are the same OEM flip covers for the other series but all black, no blue flip ups.

Think that I'm pretty much sold on that very scope (VT-T 4.5-18x44). I am putting it on my R10 to replace a Hawke Vantage 4-16x50. I considered the 24/25X scopes that also have a 50mm bell but I would have to stick with high rings. The smaller bell on the 18X will let me use lower rings to get more comfortable on the cheek rest. The R10's ergonomics just beg you to get "intimate". Lol. I am also switching over from using holdover to dialing - not entirely there yet / old habits die hard. The features of the VT-T (zero reset, zero stop, rotation counter) are great features for dialing. Does Airgun Optics Plus do Black Friday deals?

The VT-T 4.5-18x44 is the one that originally got my attention but it seems that they are no longer available. Is the VT-3 series a step down from the VT-T ? I have also seen Apex Horizon scopes on Amazon that look the same and have the same specs as the Discovery scopes - same as Discovery or a "cheapened up" version?

ApexHorizon is Discovery Optics direct storefront on Amazon. If you buy one, you are basically dealing with Discovery through Amazon. I bought two scopes through them and I had to return one on warranty through them. Within 30 minutes of contacting them, I had a direct response from Discovery on the issue and it was promptly resolved (and within a few days I had a second-gen version of my original purchase at my doorstep).

PT