• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Did I get a bad Element Nexus

Hey guys I’m wondering if I got a one off bad Nexus or if my research led me down the wrong road. I purchased an Element Nexus from an authorized retailer the first of December and put it on my Impact 25/700. From the start I have hd a terrible time getting the reticle focused and the eyebox is the absolute smallest of any scope I have ever used. If I get the reticle nice and clear at 20x against a light wall or blue sky and the go down to 10x the reticle fades to nothing and I can’t use it until I adjust focus at 10x. I swapped the scope over to my vudoo that I don’t have any problems with and still had the same issues so I know it isn’t related to my position on the impact m3. I put in a request for help from Element but while I’m waiting I just want to see if anyone else is having this trouble. Thanks.

I have an Ares ETR and am very happy with it and it has a very similar reticle that never fades on me. All my scopes are ffp and this is the only one that I am unhappy with. At the price point of mid range scopes now I can’t afford to try them all and I hate when I get bit on one so I’m hoping I can send it in and get it straightened out. I just can’t believe guys would like these scope with as bad as mine is right now. I hate to get cameralandny involved because it isn’t their fault so I will wait and see what Element gets back to me with before I panic.

Yeah the ETR is fantastic. I'm a springer guy so its a bit overkill for my airguns but I do have one on my 6.5 Creedmoor and don't have a single real complaint with it. The turrets are a smidge stiff but you get used to them quickly.

Best of luck to you with your Element. They have excellent customer service from what I hear so I'm sure they'll do what they can for you.

Are you setting the paralax to infinity/highest setting before setting the diopter? In order to adjust the focus on the reticle, you have to be on highest power magnification and highest paralax setting..
Yeah that was the method I used and would get a perfectly crisp reticle and then when I would back down the magnification to 8-12x the focus was lost no matter the parallax setting. Hopefully the new scope cures it for me, I like the features of the Element line and definitely trust the manufacturer of the Nexus as I have several LOW optics and love them.

Okay, myers129, I am quite glad for you. What was wrong in the first place? Thanks. S7
Unfortunately, I don’t know yet if they will find any fault in the first scope or not. They issued me a new scope right away and are looking at my return on their own time. More than likely I won’t actually get a report on my returned optic but the fact that they don’t leave you waiting speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, I don’t know yet if they will find any fault in the first scope or not. They issued me a new scope right away and are looking at my return on their own time. More than likely I won’t actually get a report on my returned optic but the fact that they don’t leave you waiting speaks for itself.
Understood. That service is impressive. Agreed. Sending you a replacement right away and before resolving the original scope’s issue is first rate. Do tell how the replacement works, unless I missed this. Thanks. S7

Hey guys I’m wondering if I got a one off bad Nexus or if my research led me down the wrong road. I purchased an Element Nexus from an authorized retailer the first of December and put it on my Impact 25/700. From the start I have hd a terrible time getting the reticle focused and the eyebox is the absolute smallest of any scope I have ever used. If I get the reticle nice and clear at 20x against a light wall or blue sky and the go down to 10x the reticle fades to nothing and I can’t use it until I adjust focus at 10x. I swapped the scope over to my vudoo that I don’t have any problems with and still had the same issues so I know it isn’t related to my position on the impact m3. I put in a request for help from Element but while I’m waiting I just want to see if anyone else is having this trouble. Thanks.
I had one fail me out of the box as well. I think they are a little overrated as I purchased another one. Hawke, Athlon, and Element are all about the same. Get a nightforce with a lifetime warranty without worrying about a “bump” messing it up and you’re done for life.

Unfortunately I think that is the route I’m going to take. I got the new Element but I’m not confident enough in it to open it and look at it to chance that it is an improvement over the last one I had. I talked to cameraland today and they will take the new one back at full value for store credit and I think I’m going to go with a Midas tac for the pcp and use the remainder towards a nightforce for my powder burners. Just not sure on NX8 4-32 vs ATACR 7-35 right now.

Reactions: Sqwirl57