• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana/rws mod 34 22 caliber owners have a look!

Does this breech look normal!? This belongs to a friend of mine that is frustrated with the accuracy so he reached out to me to see if I could shoot the gun! Well after finding out his hawke is bad, I took one of my scopes that I know is good and I still couldn’t get it to group 1.5 to 2” groups at 30 yards! Mind you I own springers hw tx and have no problem hitting paintball ammo at 40 yards! What springers I own the pellet goes in flush at the breech unlike the photo! Idk btw I tried all the ammo I have and nothing seems to group! Thought maybe the crown was messed up nope looks good and looked down the barrel with a flashlight no machining marks and I even cleaned the barrel!
C6A0313F-4D0E-460B-B563-FAB18CEE6664.jpeg

I ripped this picture off from a gta thread for a example mine was worse.

So my first and only rws was so off center the hole edge was just under the oring seal. Talk about sad sloppy.

I think the machinest must of drilled it after a big too many beer buddy time during Octoberfest.. lol. It was sad i was pi$$ed. Never again rws ...

So im not surprised . Ive seen others just ad bad or worse around in forums

rws off center breech.jpg

I've seen several like that. It shouldn't cause a problem at all. The pellet is still seated into the rifling.

Push a pellet through the barrel with a rod. I bet you'll find a very tight choke. If so, that may be your issue. The last one I worked on was this way, and needed a particular pellet to shoot well.

I remedied it by chopping off the choke and rechoking it to a lesser degree.

Could be other things, but that leade would be way down my list of concerns.

Reactions: kzz1kaw
Make sure the breech seal isn't leaking, the shiny spot at the top of the breech block suggests there is metal to metal contact there. Which is bad.

A breech seal that is too tall and preventing the breech from locking up as it should is also bad.

Basically the breech should close with a gap thats the same with the breech seal removed, as it is with a breech seal installed.

The op's leade just looks hopeless .
JJust makes me wonder between the one i had and ones i see around forums on thete qc work.

Oh wait...... Its to proct from damage , ya ,ya, thats it ..

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2017/06/checking-out-a-diana-rws-34p-part-2/

Them pics look more like slop work ..
That’s the very gun I’m trying to figure out! That’s my friends gun I have right now that doesn’t shoot that great! Hard to believe the leade is what Diana is doing to the barrel

That’s the very gun I’m trying to figure out! That’s my friends gun I have right now that doesn’t shoot that great! Hard to believe the leade is what Diana is doing to the barrel
Then deal with there droop too boot..
I dont know... Man . But lotsa folks praise them .. so? May post at gta in the german gate lots of diana/ rws guys there to chime in on that . Maybe get some extra opinions there.

1. Do not cut the choke , or actually the crimp on the end of the dove tail that creates it..
chokes do not harm accuracy.. speed a tad but the benefits far outweigh the faults
2. Chrony the gun with any ten pellets.. sounds to me like a bad seal, bad piston seals cause erratic flyers as does breech seals.. test the breech with TP OVER IT HELD TIGHT WHILE SHOOTING ,OR baby powder..
3. are any pellets snug to push in
pellets need back pressure and a good snug seat..
4 The breech block may need adjusting to seal up.. as well as the fork tension…
5.. springers are all the same.. only so many things can cause accuracy issues

1. Do not cut the choke , or actually the crimp on the end of the dove tail that creates it..
chokes do not harm accuracy.. speed a tad but the benefits far outweigh the faults
2. Chrony the gun with any ten pellets.. sounds to me like a bad seal, bad piston seals cause erratic flyers as does breech seals.. test the breech with TP OVER IT HELD TIGHT WHILE SHOOTING ,OR baby powder..
3. are any pellets snug to push in
pellets need back pressure and a good snug seat..
4 The breech block may need adjusting to seal up.. as well as the fork tension…
5.. springers are all the same.. only so many things can cause accuracy issues
The choke is not formed by the crimped in dovetail. The 48/460 also have them, and they dont have dovetails crimped in. As do the older HWs with the milled in dovetails, and the 77/97 which also do not even have dovetails.

Chokes aid accuracy when they are right. Absolutely agree. But if they are overly tight, and they sometimes are, they can at the very least make a gun very pellet picky and cause lead to build up quickly. This was an issue on the last two 34s I worked on, which is why I mentioned it.

Sorry, but the dovetail crimp creating the choke myth has been floating around unfounded for a long time now.

I ripped this picture off from a gta thread for a example mine was worse.

So my first and only rws was so off center the hole edge was just under the oring seal. Talk about sad sloppy.

I think the machinest must of drilled it after a big too many beer buddy time during Octoberfest.. lol. It was sad i was pi$$ed. Never again rws ...

So im not surprised . Ive seen others just ad bad or worse around in forums

View attachment 309547
The 34 that I use to own in .22cal had same issue. Bore not centered in breech seal. Poor
workmanship but as long as it seals it won't effect accuracy.