• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana 34p Tune Kit Install Screw Up

If this is a T06 trigger, you cannot manually set the safety with the gun uncocked. This is normal. With gun uncocked, when you pull the safety tab, it should move a little bit but not fully. It will not engage the internal safety lever to prevent pulling the trigger. The gun must be cocked in order for the safety to be fully engaged. You said you have not cocked the gun.

I finally figured it out!!! I have a broken trigger blade group. The plastic trigger group was broken where the spring loaded tab was housed. That allowed the tab to over travel the safety and block the trigger. 

I will need to replace the T05 trigger blade group or remove the offending tab and therefore, inactivate the safety. 

Inactivating the safety is tempting. My Glock doesn’t have a safety....I’m not sure if a functioning ‘Safety’ on a RWS 34p is any saver than a non-functioning ‘Safety’. I’m more concerned that a rifle drop would overcome the trigger sear causing an accidental discharge. I believe the best safety for any gun is keeping your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot and not dropping the gun.