• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Diablo Rod and Gun Match report for last weekend Factory & airgun match- Concord

We had cold and relatively calm day at the MPR range for our factory .22LR & airgun match. Wind was calm for the first card but became moderate and more challenging for second, third and the 200-yard card that followed. Weather was nice but a little cold. 8 .22LR Factory shooters came out to test their shooting skills and fun was had by all. Unforutnaly no air gunner was able to join this time around. The match promoter was sleeping at the wheels in the airgun circles. Hoping for more argun participation next month

Main Factory 50-yard Match* 

1. Congratulations to Dan L. who finished in First Place for the main match with 748. Dan shot two perfect 250’s and 248 on the last card with his Kimber 82G shot on a small bipod. (Dan, please do not bring this gun to the next IR5050 match) 
  2. Phil finished second with 744 and also got a 250
  3. Sean was a tight third 743
  4. Pierre was fourth with 737
    [/LIST=1]

200-yard match:
    • Mark Calloway, was our usual winner of the 200 Yards. He won the 200 yard match by a long shot against Pierre.

I want to thank everyone who came out to shoot and help out. Special shout out to Sean who helped set up, take down and RSO the match & new shooter Peter K. who helped out adding up scores and sorting out the money.

We will have one match in January on our usual fourth Saturday of the month:

IR5050 sanctioned unlimited benchrest match on the 4th Saturday of the month, January 25th @ 8 AM (range opens at 7). Factory guns welcome and will compete against each other. Cost will be $19 + $1 optional for the fun gun or 200 yards match.

Happy Shooting to all & stays safe!

P

Official IR5050 Match results of previous IR5050 Diablo matches can be viewed here in a few days. Look for Diablo. 

IR5050Unlimited list - shooter rankings by points can be viewed here *

I plan on coming out for your 1st Sat airgun practice and monthly FT matches this year when I can. I stopped by a few weeks ago having not been there in MANY years nice to see all the upgrades at the public range AND such great support for airgun events at the MPR on the club calendar the pics of the MPR in your post look just how I remember it although the FT matches were not held there as I understand they are now. 

There's a few of us Bay Area folks who hang out at the AirgunGuild, and no one ever comes by to advertise the Diablo shoots. I was a member of Diablo up until last year, but I've not renewed. Last time I went to Concord, the folks running things had no idea about airguns, and were upset I was tethered when they closed down lanes for folks to collect targets. 

Hi Steveoh

Good point. There are so many forums and I'm just the one person. I run the Diablo social, 10 meter, FT, silhouette, reloading program, youth programs, airgun chair and am the hunting chair, plus also the Club VP. I am a Cali hunter safety instructor, NRA instructor for rifle, pistol, shotgun, home safety and a CRSO- not looking for bragging rights, but sharing that I've a full dance card for a non retired, working full time family person.

I help with the Diablo rod and gun website and calendar, YouTube channel and a few more odds and ends online currently.

I'd love for you and anyone else, to to lean in and share with anyone you know of our programs? We can have a force multiplier if we spread the word as a group and your passion on the Guild site would be a great asset. Please feel free to share any specific link you'd like, and bounce off of me your ideas that may help.

It (supposedly) takes a village and a person should know their limits- confusing some metaphors here but any and all are invited to help us promote our sport. I've focused my attention on Airgun Nation and the Diablo website as the best use of limited time, but I'm open to support from any avenue. Love to have you cross post for the program!

There's a few of us Bay Area folks who hang out at the AirgunGuild, and no one ever comes by to advertise the Diablo shoots. I was a member of Diablo up until last year, but I've not renewed. Last time I went to Concord, the folks running things had no idea about airguns, and were upset I was tethered when they closed down lanes for folks to collect targets.

Was this at the public range? If so I am not surprised they are very firearm focused there of course and not associated with DRG. The MPR is where all the airgun action happens and I have to say I am pleased DRG has as many airgun events as they do there. I think the monthly airgun practice shoots and other airgun events held at the MPR show how much the club is committed to airgunners. Just the fact that a rifle club holds ANY air rifle events at all to me says a lot. As far as membership unless you are going to shot at the public range A LOT (and why would you at $20 for 2 hours max) I think paying the higher guests fees for airgun events is fine help them bring in a little extra money anyway. As far as shooting facilities go you are not going to fine anything nicer in the East Bay/North Bay in my opinion since Chabot closed. Once all this COVID stuff passes I look forward to going out there.

Was this at the public range? If so I am not surprised they are very firearm focused there of course and not associated with DRG. The MPR is where all the airgun action happens and I have to say I am pleased DRG has as many airgun events as they do there. I think the monthly airgun practice shoots and other airgun events held at the MPR show how much the club is committed to airgunners. Just the fact that a rifle club holds ANY air rifle events at all to me says a lot. As far as membership unless you are going to shot at the public range A LOT (and why would you at $20 for 2 hours max) I think paying the higher guests fees for airgun events is fine help them bring in a little extra money anyway. As far as shooting facilities go you are not going to fine anything nicer in the East Bay/North Bay in my opinion since Chabot closed. Once all this COVID stuff passes I look forward to going out there.

Yup, at the public range. The range officers were certainly pleasant about it, but they really had no idea how to deal with me. I put in a yellow flag into the breech, but the connected hose was scary to them. My time is not often my own, and so I go when I get a chance and can't really wait for an activity to use the range. Personally, I'd rather be on a much quieter airgun range that goes out to 200yards. 

Hi Steveoh

Good point. There are so many forums and I'm just the one person. I run the Diablo social, 10 meter, FT, silhouette, reloading program, youth programs, airgun chair and am the hunting chair, plus also the Club VP. I am a Cali hunter safety instructor, NRA instructor for rifle, pistol, shotgun, home safety and a CRSO- not looking for bragging rights, but sharing that I've a full dance card for a non retired, working full time family person.

I help with the Diablo rod and gun website and calendar, YouTube channel and a few more odds and ends online currently.

I'd love for you and anyone else, to to lean in and share with anyone you know of our programs? We can have a force multiplier if we spread the word as a group and your passion on the Guild site would be a great asset. Please feel free to share any specific link you'd like, and bounce off of me your ideas that may help.

It (supposedly) takes a village and a person should know their limits- confusing some metaphors here but any and all are invited to help us promote our sport. I've focused my attention on Airgun Nation and the Diablo website as the best use of limited time, but I'm open to support from any avenue. Love to have you cross post for the program!

Oh, I'm sure you have your hands full. I'm wondering if your Calendar as a built in API that spits out JSON. If so, I could wire up a page on the Guild to suck over the schedule automatically. I do web work for a living... 

UPDATE: I've asked the developers of the Calendar plugin if there is an option to spit out JSON that I can use to automatically display on the AirGunGuild. We'll see.

Oh, I'm sure you have your hands full. I'm wondering if your Calendar as a built in API that spits out JSON. If so, I could wire up a page on the Guild to suck over the schedule automatically. I do web work for a living... 

UPDATE: I've asked the developers of the Calendar plugin if there is an option to spit out JSON that I can use to automatically display on the AirGunGuild. We'll see.

If the Guild used https://www.teamup.com they have a great API to use and frankly DFG could also use it no plugins needed not a fan of plugins. I am also a programer :)

Yup, at the public range. The range officers were certainly pleasant about it, but they really had no idea how to deal with me. I put in a yellow flag into the breech, but the connected hose was scary to them. My time is not often my own, and so I go when I get a chance and can't really wait for an activity to use the range. Personally, I'd rather be on a much quieter airgun range that goes out to 200yards.

Yes thought so not surprised to hear this probably never seen a tether before lol! If you really want to shot out to 200 yrds and not have a hassle BLM land is the way to go if you don't know where to go PM me I know all the places :)