• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diablo Air dryer question?

TKA87

Feb 26, 2016
So I was wondering how the Diablo air dryer is supposed to work because isn't the air pressure supposed to build up first to scrub the air clean of moisture/oil/particles? If it doesn't have a valve to hold the pressure back to let the air dry ,then wouldn't the air just flow around the molecular sieve? Also how are you supposed to check the pressure inside the filter? Isn't it supposed to build up high pressure to work effectively?

TKA87...

I have been doing a fair bit of Research... about these Filters. There seems to be a lot of Myths out there. I would like to address one

The valve it is called a Priority Valve. It is used with scuba system and such where they drain the tanks to almost empty then fill them.

Here is a quote from the manual for the particular valve that is used by a certain vendor.

"Also known as a priority valve, the model 1310 is a fully balanced, economical regulator. It serves a wide variety of uses, however its main use is on small compressors. The regulator will improve moisture separator efficiency and filter life as much as 450%. This is done by maintaining pressure in the separator and filter at about 1800 PSI when tank pressure is lower."

Valve cost around 80$ and honestly is not needed. unless your filling your tanks from empty, Then you would benefit from having this expensive device. 

I don't know about anyone else but i normally fill my tanks when they get down to around 3k psi.... after 1800 psi the valve is wide open and does nothing.

Some people just love selling snake oil.

http://valvesandregulators.aquaenvironment.com/Asset/1308_OM_1310bpr021127R.pdf