• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

devil of a time with alpha chrony

If you're using it with fluorescent lights on, turn them off and find another light source. I agree with 2fast2furious, get the light kit. If there's an IR light option for those, that might be the best option and worth the extra $. But, I'm not sure if there's an IR light kit option. Honestly... I'd advise you to think about getting into a different crony in the future. Of all the models I've had, I experienced the most difficulty with the Beta, while I had it. I wish you the best of luck. Incandescent lights should help you to achieve results. I've also seen home made light kits that shooters have made using inexpensive Harbor Freight LED lights. That might be an option for you as well. 

Tom

Since I put these LED strips on mine I have not had an error. Got all the parts on AliExpress. The led strips were about $1.90 each and the 9v holder with switch was like $1.80. For $6 it is an awesome set up. The LEDs take little power so my crappy rechargeable 9v has lasted forever. 
1561903268_5643483015d18c0a41331d0.06795927_0B27EC2D-4C80-4C71-AC7C-E2CBAF4BC151.jpeg

@larspawn - Be careful storing those 9V together like that. There's potential to have an issue of the leads touch just right.

Thanks Tom, yeah that's a sloppy mess. You hear stories of people throwing 9v in garbage and starting a fire when something shorts the two terminals. I'm usually not that reckless but at least they are in a metal container so no real fear of a fire. Thanks for pointing out my recklessness!

On another note-the 9v powers the LEDs forever. Wish I could say same for the chrony iteself. Is it me or is the chrony a battery hog?