• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Delta Wolf .30 fine tuning

I was prepping my Delta for a match and I felt like the 100 yard groups could be a little better, so I put on the lab coat and headed to the range.
This gun was originally tuned by Derrick Wall and it has the 700mm barrel that Derrick sprinkled with his gnome dust. The hammer is at 3020 and the voltage is at 77.5. Gun has a 0db moderator and I'm using a single shot tray.
The reg was originally set at 120 bar by Derrick, but then I got to playing with it. I had it at 116 bar shooting around 850 fps with the Zan 56gr pellets in .30. I decided to increase the reg pressure by 5 bar at a time up to 900 fps to see if there were any accuracy gains at 100 yards. There definitely were, and the gun prefers Derricks original setting of 120 bar, 864 fps. As the reg pressure and velocity increased, so did the group sizes. It really opened up at 894 fps.
Here are the groups. 5 shots per group, little to no wind, front sand bag, no rear rest. I'll be shooting bigger groups in a few days when I check my dope. I only shot 5 shot groups because I forgot my air tank.

116_856t.jpg

This one is a mess. I was shooting some 22lr and I didn't realize that I was shooting on top of my other group.

120_864t.jpg

Winner winner, chicken dinner. There are extra holes in most of the targets, mostly sighters or cold bore shots for other groups.

124_875t.jpg

Data didn't stay on the image, I think it was about 1.5 MOA

131_887t.jpg

I started to quit here but decided to see what happens around 900 fps.

141_894t.jpg

This is what happens at around 900 fps. Actually 894, I would need to change the hammer and voltage to get it to shoot hotter, but there is clearly no reason to do this. It knows where it wants to be.
And check out that group at the top. That was my 1022 shooting the el cheapo Federal 22lr that comes loose in a box of like 300. I wasn't mad at it.