• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Decembers Christmas FT Results, Concord Ca

The morning started with the sun breaking over the hills, and a light dusting of valley fog. The dashboard on the Subaru read 25 degree's, but there wouldn't be much wind today.
Reaching the MPR, expecting a light wind to come along and push the fog out, we opted to paint the targets with a white faceplate. NY's eve, we are doing a night FT shoot, and we thought we'd get ahead of the setup with today's preparations.
The enclosed roof and walls seemed to trap the cold within the concrete floor, leaching any body heat one might have arrived with. Fortunately, we were able to wrap up in a nice thick layer of fog that obliterated targets beyond 35 yards. Hitting the targets didn't reveal any information about your miss and the paddle was just as unrevealing- except the target would fall.
Nary a complaint among the shooters, all were committed ( or perhaps, should be committed) to doing their utmost. We had two plug in heaters to help with morale as well as the joy of watching others suffer as much as we were .
It was great 👍.
Come on out if you are in the area and if you aren't in the area, you now have reason to travel and shoot!

20221218_165459.jpg

Great comment on target placements- we've an egalitarian program on target setting.
For setup, I generally trust each volunteer to setup their lane fairly ( except for Son setting up the offhand lane- you have to watch him! :) )

I enjoy seeing Jim P. setting up targets with a real high troyer difficulty and then talking all match about how unreasonable the course is-
This course had some real difficult mid range targets for sure! My preference is for BIG and CLOSE!

Reactions: qball