• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Dear "industry"...

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area?...
I need/want a pull through barrel cleaner, ...the catch?
I've seen the patch worm, crown saver,...uhh the DIY ones...
BUT
I want one that has a brass bristle like the firearms cleaning style.(not just the patch, and I don't want to HAVE to remove the barrel*if i do that im just gunna use the rod that i already haveuse for that.)
Soooo....before I mutilate an existing brass bristle/remove a barrel again...... is there a system made for this purpose that i am overlooking?...
(I hope you all understand what I am looking for)😅
Any and all comments welcome🎩🤙

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
You use like brass ,copper ,bronze wool or what i use most now is Scotch brite pads cut to fit .. also my string thing i can pull it one way or add a tag line and go back and forth to do a good scrubbing..

Hint....

On the wool be sure its not a coated steel wool types. I have used regular steel wool in a pinch heavily oiled , never dry .

patchworm.jpg

Cleans nice and shiny 🤤

These have an integrated bronze brush: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SLVWFB
I've found that unless the mag well is very wide you can't get the brush into the barrel. Also - I remove the brush on most of these as they go through barrels with a breech o-ring and I don't want to tear up the o-ring.

Might check out Otis Technology
They have a variety of cleaning kits that may suit your needs.

Here is just one of the kits they offer as an example

I have been using their Rifle and pistol kits for my powder burners for years, Great, Quality stuff that will last.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I ordered an Air Mark's man Dead Eye pull thur from Utah Airguns. It's just what I've been looking for. Cost about 18.00 bucks. Take a look.
Notice they dont tell you how small a caliber (utah or company). Looks kinda big .. anything i use got to do .17 and up.

Notice they dont tell you how small a caliber (utah or company). Looks kinda big .. anything i use got to do .17 and up.

I told them I needed one in .22 caliber. I am not sure about other calibers.

I told them I needed one in .22 caliber. I am not sure about other calibers.
Ya, thats the thing i found on pretty much all of them types is .22 +. Ots .17 that's the catch in finding cleaning stuff.. i can find brushes and all but finding the " rod" to use them on ...lol .

So its just make my own pull strings and cut the chase. One size fits all.😁

I've always been told not to you abrasives and brass brushes in airgun barrels because they are softer steel than a firearm barrel. I just use bore patches and a bore whip on mine to push them through.

I also use beeman quick cleaning pellets. Load a magazine with them and shoot them out the barrel. Soak one or 2 in oil and push them down the barrel first, use the mag loaded ones to clean and dry the bore. Works for me.

I pull my barrels off of new guns and clean them out with spray solvent like carb or brake cleaner. Just make sure you don't hit the finish because it'll remove it on some.

You can also use fishing line and make a slipknot on one end for the patch, and suck the other end of the line up thru the barrel. Once it's out, set your patch tight, and pull it thru.
Ya, some solvents or oils can degrade / melt the fishing line ( monofilament) and if it snaps off 1/2 way , well there ya sit... ( Been there / no fun) . Now that woven / braided non plastic fishing line may do pretty good too.

I just put that loop in like above and dont got to fight a slip knot chincing down on the patch qnd that harness thread above no telling how many 100's of pulls it's done and got plenty more in it to got out of it ..

.22 its easy to fing cleaning stuff but that .17/177 not so and it ends up a homemade diy item . I tried weed eater line as well and all but it just comes back to my harness thread pretty quick.. it's just been tried and true for my needs. I qlso like one thing to to everything over this for this and that for that then others for others ..lol. One little mess over several messes.

Ya, some solvents or oils can degrade / melt the fishing line ( monofilament) and if it snaps off 1/2 way , well there ya sit... ( Been there / no fun) . Now that woven / braided non plastic fishing line may do pretty good too.

I just put that loop in like above and dont got to fight a slip knot chincing down on the patch qnd that harness thread above no telling how many 100's of pulls it's done and got plenty more in it to got out of it ..

.22 its easy to fing cleaning stuff but that .17/177 not so and it ends up a homemade diy item . I tried weed eater line as well and all but it just comes back to my harness thread pretty quick.. it's just been tried and true for my needs. I qlso like one thing to to everything over this for this and that for that then others for others ..lol. One little mess over several messes.
Yup. I got a .177 "kit"...🤦‍♂️
Works great if I remove the barrel🫠
I use the brass brushes before patches🤷‍♂️
Can't get them into/out of some barrels while they are mounted though😅
Really just need some sort of attachment that is like the brass brush but shorter by....alot lol

Yup. I got a .177 "kit"...🤦‍♂️
Works great if I remove the barrel🫠
I use the brass brushes before patches🤷‍♂️
Can't get them into/out of some barrels while they are mounted though😅
Really just need some sort of attachment that is like the brass brush but shorter by....alot lol
Well like my thread above use scotch Brite pads cut to size or the btass types wool.

Blowpipesam at gta suggested the scotch Brite to me and i now prefer it over the hard to get copper, brass, bronze wools by far.. cheap and available near everywhere local. I feel it does a good job . Im glad he suggested it.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Well like my thread above use scotch Brite pads cut to size or the btass types wool.

Blowpipesam at gta suggested the scotch Brite to me and i now prefer it over the hard to get copper, brass, bronze wools by far.. cheap and available near everywhere local. I feel it does a good job . Im glad he suggested it.
Scotchbrite pads are also known as abrasive pads for a reason. Wouldn’t for a moment consider pulling though a barrel.

• Wow
How is a brass brush not abrasive? .lol.

Brass and copper pads are called abrasive too you know.. scotch Brite is non metallic . Come on man.

From your link
Scotch-Brite, and similar abrasives, have largely replaced the use of bronze wool, which had been used as a non-rusting alternative to steel wool.. ill be .

See I WANT it to be abrasive to "scrub" then run patches.
I always go in from breech end. Probably gunna use the loop n pull method from @Hateful McNasty
Thought I had some scouring pads....🤦‍♂️
Just dont pull them dry . Have a bit of oil or solvent on it.. they used to even say dont dry patch a barrel. Maybe be still do🤔. ( I dry patch a air gun to get any oil/ solvent residue out to finish ).

Good luck.

Just dont pull them dry . Have a bit of oil or solvent on it.. they used to even say dont dry patch a barrel. Maybe be still do🤔. ( I dry patch a air gun to get any oil/ solvent residue out to finish ).

Good luck.
I usually "soak" the barrel before cleaning. Just extra oil in the barrel and moving it around until the oil is all over the inside. Scrub. Then dry patch until clean🤷‍♂️