• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Woverine R regulator setting

Wolverine R .177 18fp standard power. Haven't touched mine in 3 years...as AOA said in a Wolverine review video a couple years ago concerning the reg setting..."We put some faith in the factory that they know what their doing", doubt if it could be improved on, I only EVER changed the reg setting on an Impact X than left it there. Wolverines are top shelf airguns! I have had EXCELLENT results with factory reg settings across different brands. Leave good enough alone...b
20230207_161034.jpg
ut that's just me.

Reactions: Centercut
Marty and luck turn it down? what was your shot at 150
I have not attempted it yet. I also haven’t counted my shots but it is in the vicinity of about a hundred shots. I have not run out yet during the HFT matches I’ve attended, which is the prime reason I got this rifle over the Revere and HW100.

-Marty

Reactions: keith1
Mine came from the factory set just a hair under 150 according to the gauge. Gets over 220 shots on a 250 bar fill using JSB 10.3:

Average913.46
St Dev3.87
Max921
Min900
Ex Sp21
FPE19.16
Count223

Cut that string off at ~200 & the ES/SD get even better:

Average914.29
St Dev2.88
Max921
Min908
Ex Sp13
FPE19.20
Count202

I'm calculating a zero percent chance of me improving on the Daystate factory tune- not going into the rifle until it's time to reseal.
Can't swear they all leave the factory this tight, even the best manufacturers give birth to a lemon every now & then. But I do think your reg pressure is in line with the average.

Mine came from the factory set just a hair under 150 according to the gauge. Gets over 220 shots on a 250 bar fill using JSB 10.3:

Average913.46
St Dev3.87
Max921
Min900
Ex Sp21
FPE19.16
Count223

Cut that string off at ~200 & the ES/SD get even better:

Average914.29
St Dev2.88
Max921
Min908
Ex Sp13
FPE19.20
Count202

I'm calculating a zero percent chance of me improving on the Daystate factory tune- not going into the rifle until it's time to reseal.
Can't swear they all leave the factory this tight, even the best manufacturers give birth to a lemon every now & then. But I do think your reg pressure is in line with the average.
im in a hunter class for target the limit is 20ft would this work your numbers thanks keith

im in a hunter class for target the limit is 20ft would this work your numbers thanks keith
Yes sir, the average of that 220+ shot string is 19.16 foot pounds of energy. The highest velocity reading in the string is 921 fps, which comes to 19.48 foot pounds. This was on a very hot day, so the overall numbers might be a touch lower on an average or cold day.

Reactions: keith1
Yes sir, the average of that 220+ shot string is 19.16 foot pounds of energy. The highest velocity reading in the string is 921 fps, which comes to 19.48 foot pounds. This was on a very hot day, so the overall numbers might be a touch lower on an average or cold day.
Thankyou for all your help im new to the airgun thing keith