• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Rifles Red Wolf,Wolverine etc actuator pin for magazines

Question,

How many Daystate shooters single load only. I have a wolverine B hi-lite .177 and a Red Wolf HP.177. I have had a use issue with the Wolverine, I have had 3 bolts replaced under warranty in less than 3years. (I SHOOT ALOTover 100k rounds in 3yrs). So I also noticed that I can not always tell the breech seal is blown until it is really bad. This is due to the magazine actuator pin is controlled by waste air, so it is hard to differentiate if the air you feel on your fingers wrapped around the bolt when you fire is breech seal starting to leak or waste air from actuator pin area. So I have a resolve for this problem and have been testing it in both rifles for approx 2 weeks. So far I am astonished, the gun sounds different and is slightly quieter or so it seems and no problems at all so far. So if you only single shot load this may be something you might want to find out more about.

If you decide to use magazine you can contact me, i am making self indexing magazines for lot of rifles, i have them for Daystate also. 
1554960152_765108055caecf18265ff5.36579720_IMG_20190325_210231_374.jpg

So you should feel a fair amount of air if you put your fingers next to bolt breech area. If that air does not exist with my fix. Now the very second the breech seal starts to leak you will hear and or feel it. The way it is now it has to be blown not just seeping. This can affect the point of impact and shot to shot consistency.

Ok, so is this some magic trick and you are afraid someone is going to find out how you do it or something? If you have something that can HELP other airgunners, why would you come in and beat around the bush and not just SHARE it??? Which is mainly what this forum is about.

@crusher. I was asking a question as to how many are like me and exclusively single shot load. It is not magic, besides the copying worries I also do not want be blamed when some strip screws or dont do procedure in correct order. Etc. I share plenty of information on airgun stuff locally I host a weekly practice at Rio Salado range where EBR is held. I have shared with local shooters already. I would appreciate if you refrain from the automatic negativity that seems to be generated by my comments. 

Wasn't meant to sound negative. A lot can be lost in text. I guess I just wonder why you are hesitant to share something that might help others. I mean, I understand you think someone might do it incorrectly and mess up their gun. But then, how would that be your fault?. We are all big boys here and if I tried something on my gun, regardless of where the info came from, it would be my fault. I think "try it at your own risk" is a given here.

Anyway, yes I single load. The pin broke a long time ago. But it broke under the single loader.

Crusher

I honestly haven’t had to do it yet on my Red Wolf!, but I know it was discussed in detail on this forum when the topic was brought up about the RW magazine catch lever hitting the probe after release actuator cycled? (which I modified myself for my mag. & a friends RW, so it no longer contacted probe!)you will have to research that thread? There might have been more than one thread? including a Diagram of receiver? I believe it made mention of a spring clip,guide & retainer, possibly o-ring? As of now my actuator pin is still in place!,I’ll just figure it out on my own like I normally do...