• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate reseal time ... any advice?

I can hear air leaking at the breech, where the magazine slides into place. BUT, placing a balloon over the muzzle, or over the fill port shows it is not leaking through, even when I place my finger across the barrel where the pellet loads. 

Does this mean it is NOT leaking through the valve in any way? It would be awesome if I did not have to get into the valve. Sounds more like breech to air tube seal. Any other thoughts?

WOW … I must be really tired lately. Had I sat down and thought a moment, I would have realized what both of you, ackuric and Motorhead, are saying. Constant leak has to be from the tube itself, or the valve itself. And since I get zero air coming from the transfer port, it should not be the valve itself. If it is leaking from valve to tube orings, where exactly is the air leak going? It does not seem to be hissing through to the outside anywhere, strong enough to feel with your hand. 

If an internal o-ring has failed the air will find the closest exit to atmospheric pressure, sometimes its an odd screw hole, all guns use different mounting locations so I'd say its hard to generalize for them all but breech screws are a common place. 

Soapy water is your BEST friend when it comes to finding leaks, I prefer to apply it to locations up side down as to let gravity oppose the soapy water from entering into the rifle itself. Just my personal preference after tearing a rifle down where I hadn't and there was presence of moisture.

I certainly would verify the leaks location prior to tear down if possible. If you can safely remove the barrel + breech on your daystate that will help you a lot in terms of locating the leak, start using the soapy bubble method and you will find it. I personally put a drop of soap into a cup, agitate with water, and then use my finger tip to apply it. GL

Thank you for the good advice. Here is a couple of diagrams. You guys want to see who can guess which seals it will be, before I found out? 

1542325137_2595581535bee0391bdd424.59950907_20181113_153626.jpg

1542325164_2207902335bee03aca806b2.88314409_20181113_153722.jpg

1542325192_4403094635bee03c80fa7d7.73102053_20181113_153642.jpg

These are ALL of the seals my kit has in it … hope they are one of the ones I need ! LOL

1542325239_20481059955bee03f7523c43.49156739_20181112_093953.jpg

Balloon won't fill when covering muzzle if breech end is clear for air to pass...just a tip in case your test didn't cover that...

tp o-rings should only be under pressure during shot, not all times. If its all times its either an internal o-ring intended to hold full pressure or the poppet, imo. GL
Also
In my experience, balloon tests do not give instant results unless the leak is a big one
Holding your finger over the breech may not be sufficient.
Fill the gun, close the bolt, and let it sit for 24 hours.
The slightest sign of inflation can indicate a leak

Are you certain it is the correct size O-Ring?
I've no intention of being snarky, but perhaps the info you were given is incorrect.
Or perhaps the O-ring you bought was mis-sized

Here is a link to a relatively inexpensive O-ring kit
A few bucks and a few days waiting for delivery may fix it.

Hope this helps!

Ed

Ed...my goof up...the o ring was inserted in the wrong slot:(its correctly placed now...BTW got that set you show from Oringsporting from UK already with me.O ring used for this valve is from a set picked up from daystate own shop by a UK based daystataeownerclub friend about 3 years ago

View attachment 329703
That's truly humorous!
Truth be told, I probably would have doubled the goof by installing an O-ring in both grooves.
(Look at pictures/read directions! What for?)
Glad you got it figured out
Ed