• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Regal xl or FX Streamline

From what I have seen, I really like the FX Streamline, but I have never used one. I have a Daystate Regal in .22 caliber and it is phenomenal. I have a picture of a 50 yrd group in which my gun, for all practical purposes put five shots in one hole. I would post a picture of it if I knew how.

Bottom line, I love my Regal, but I don't thing you could go wrong with either one. 

I love my Regal Huntsman XL. It is absolutely beautiful and quiet enough to be neighbor friendly. Mine absolutely loves Crossman Premier Hollow Points, so shooting it is inexpensive. I paired it with a 10x42 SFWA scope and regularly take head shots on rabbits at 43 meters (the distance from the back door to the shed they like to live under). I have never regretted buying it.

"morg59"I too am struggling with the choice of Regal vs Streamline. I can not decide... What one is quieter out of the two? Anyone know?
The Streamline was one of my top choices. Decided on the Regal though. The Regal comes with a moderator already included, and I think the lastest Reflex MK6 is very quiet from what I have read. Regal is nice wood, thin, holds well ($100 upgrade on the FX) I think the FX is pretty quiet, but could probably use a Huggett ($220 more) and added length. Will update when I get the rifle. 

I cannot speak for the Regal versus Streamline, but I can speak for the Air Wolfe MCT versus the Royale 400 or the Independence. 

The walnut stock on the Air Wolf is finished shinier than my Royale stock and if that glossy finish is your thing, it is a bonus; however the Air Wolf stock has serious QC issues regarding the cut-to-fit around the rifle action. In fact the stock is cut so poorly, it takes two grown men several minutes of working, tugging and pulling to get the stock off without damaging anything. It is that tight. And no, it is not due to wires or any part of the action, just a poorly cut stock. When putting the stock back on, a person must be extra careful to get the front-to-back fitment perfect, or the foster fitting cap will be nearly impossible to remove for tank refills. The FX Royale stock has a much less glossy finish, but it is cut significantly better and more accurate than the Daystate stock. Plus I would have to give the FX stock the edge for ergonomics. The Royale comb area is flatter and more useable, along with a slightly better grip-to-trigger fit and feel.

I have done some trigger work to all three of my FX rifles, but that work is minimal. With that said, the FX triggers definitely have a higher quality, more solid feel. Please do not confuse high quality feel with trigger pull weight, as the Daystate trigger stock out of the box is still a few ounces lighter that any of my modified FX triggers. With that said though, the Daystate electronic trigger has this vague, fluttery feel that includes an occasional hang up just at the beginning of the 2nd stage; which sometimes makes finding the beginning of the 2nd stage difficult. And yes I have done some adjusting on it. If it were not for this occasional vagueness, I would rate the electronic Daystate trigger a little better than my slightly modified FX triggers, but for now I will call the FX triggers on my rifles just a little better. In the near future I am going to go into the Dayate trigger and figure out what is gong on with it. Once done, I expect that trigger to be the best!

The shooting cycle time of the MCT Daystate is noticeably faster than any PCP I have ever shot. Big bonus. My FX Royale with its 400cc tank and regulator has a notably flatter shot count, meaning less variance in velocity. The overall shot count for both rifles when fired at just under 20 ft-lbs is nearly identical. Power adjustability, range of adjustment and how easy it is to adjust - the Royale and Independence have the edge over the Air Wolf.

As for noise levels, the Air Wolf with its included full length Hugget shroud setup, is noticeably quieter than my 3 year old Royale, but very similar to my Independence with its full length shroud. Very close!

Accuracy is tough to call. The .22 Independence has been and is still the measuring stick in which we compare other air rifles to when new or tuning customers rifles. The Independence is NOT pellet picky, as it will shoot nearly every quality pellet well and several types GREAT! The .22 Royale is just a hair behind it and it is really nit picking to not say they are the same, but for some reason the Independence is just a little bit easier to shoot those perfect one hole groups with. The .177 Air Wolf is an enigma when it comes to accuracy. First it was difficult to find a pellet it liked. Yes it is pellet fussy. Go figure. Second, even after finding a pellet it seems to like, it struggles to put great groups together off the bench. But shooting it outdoors, off shooting sticks at knock-down targets while practicing for FT competition, it is almost difficult to miss. I am struggling to figure this accuracy weirdness out, but again, outdoors shooting at distance the rifle is easy to shoot accurately.

My FX Royale has well over 24,000 rounds through it, the Independence just exceeded 31,000 and the Daystate Air Wolf which I just received 2 1/2 weeks ago has nearly 4,000 rounds through it. In addition, my FX Boss has 8,000 rounds through it. The Boss exceeds any thoughts or expectations of what ever I thought long distance, large caliber accuracy could be in an air rifle. 

All of these rifles are a pleasure to shoot. The Daystate does cost hundreds of dollars more than the Royale, so it does upset me about the stock issues. But due to the electronic setup in the Air Wolf, it is extremely easy to shoot. Almost an emotional experience. All of these rifles are great and a person could not go wrong buying any one of them. 

I have both rifles. The FX Streamline laminate .25 is my first FX rifle and it exceeded my expectations. I have owned several Daystates including the XL in .22. You can't go wrong with either one but here are my observations and pros and cons of each.

First let's look at the Regal XL .22. It required lots of tweaking and setting adjustments to get a bell shaped shot curve. Out of the box velocity started high and dropped with each shot. I was able to achieve a decent shot curve after removing the delrin spacer inside the hammer spring. It was used to add preload to the hammer spring. Hammer spring preload and hammer throw distance were adjusted to reach an optimal setting. If it was soley a choice on looks alone the Regal XL wins as the above posts have said. Daystate does a better job on fit and finish of metal and wood than most of the competition. The Regal XL is just about the classiest looking PCP design there is. The Daystate slingshot hammer is somewhat burpy sounding for the shooter. It is not as efficient as a regulator used by the Streamline. The Regal XL is very accurate and provides up to 40 shots when tuned properly. I might be in the minority but I did not find the Daystate reflex moderator to be particularly effective. It was replaced with a Huggett Belita. The sound level noticeably decreased compared to the factory reflex LDC. Daystate magazine reloading is much more user friendly and faster than an FX Streamline. The weight of both rifles is lighter and better balanced than most other PCPs. The Regal is a carbine and in factory configuration it is quieter than a Streamline since it includes an LDC. The shroud is threaded on a Streamline so this is easily remedied to make it even quieter than the Regal, albeit longer.

Now the FX Streamline. It is a laser straight out of the box. It is an advanced design with excellent features and does not require tuning to get it set up correctly. The 3 position power wheel is nice but the low power setting is useless. The velocity and POI drops too much for it to be of any benefit. At full power the FX has a consistent flat shot string with POI never dropping until it falls off the regulator after 44 full power shots in .25. The sidelever action is slick and takes less cocking effort than the Daystate bolt action. The Streamline is exceptionally light and its stock profile feels very slim. The laminate stock option is very attractive. It is disappointing that FX does not polish the barrel and air cylinder to a smoother finish. In the sunlight you can see fine spiral brush marks whereas Daystates, Air Arms, and Weihrauch PCP's all are nicely finished. The Streamline is well made but does not have the same Rolex quality feel as Daystate and Weihrauch. The magazine design on the FX is it's least appealing feature. The user must first wind up the face plate, flip it over and put a pellet in skirt first to hold spring tension, then flip it back over, then rotate the face to add each pellet . It takes much more time and effort to load the FX magazine than a 10 shot Daystate magazine. However, the FX is slightly more accurate, extemely quiet with a quality aftermarket LDC, and makes less mechanical noise when fired than the Regal XL.

Both of these PCP's are keepers. Each has it's own strong points. There is no incorrect choice. If forced to choose, I'd hold onto the FX Streamline over the Regal XL. Luckily, I get to own both.

I'm late to the party but another vote for Regal XL, no hesitation. Mine is 4 years old shot perfect from day one no break in. No issues, no leaks. The fit n finish is the best. I paid 1300 it was 1800 now at 999.00 there is no PCP that can compete with it. Had many people with Air Arms guns shoot it and they say "I thought I had the best 1000 PCP until I shot the Daystate" I would buy the same gun again. The only thing they changed since mine is my trigger gaurd is metal the newer ones are synthetic. 
I get 50 shots at 28 fpe. I did 74 shots at 10 yards and the POI never changed. It did not run out of air I just stopped, it might have done 80.

Sounds like you had a bad Regal XL. I have had the opposite experience. Its shot perfectly right out of the box, zero adjustment and is a tac driver. Mine is older maybe the newer ones are not as good. But I know 3 others with the same experience as me, perfect right out of the box.

Now on the new Streamlines I read review that it was less accurate than his other FX and even his marauder. (Air gun Depot) So he got a bad Streamline.
I would say the side lever of the streamline requires less effort than the bolt of the Daystate. But in the 1k arena no way would I take a Streamline of a Regal XL, at least not the one I have.