• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Regal xl or FX Streamline

I think I might want to add one more rifle to my small collection
FX Bobact Mk2
Air Arms TX200
FX Impact

I know FX rifles sometimes fail to have good operating performance mainly air leaks from Daystate the sling shot valve is not a regulator but, mainly great guns
Daystate Regal used to be like $1700 I think at some point now $999 as far as the Fx Streamline 3 years ago that gun could easily be price at $1500 and people would think it was a great deal

I want a .22 just wondering if anyone here can recommend one or the other from experience or opinions

I can't talk about the others, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Daystate Regal XL. I got mine in December and it is beautiful. I get from 40-50 shots depending on how much air I put in it. If the wind is down it will shoot under a half inch at 50 yards, if I do my part. It isn't regulated but with the sling shot system it gets as many shots as most regulated guns get ( with similar sized air cylinders. It is extremely light and quiet. Good luck on your choice.

I am loving my streamline I like it enough to say I had considered selling the .22 barrel for my impact. If my wife hadnt spoken up about target shooting together now I likely would have. She also realy likes the streamline because it is so light weight. No leaks no issues at all. I WISH this gun had been out when I bought my marauder! High power is 30ft/lbs at 60plus shots on reg was getting an SD of 4.6 ES was 19.

Oh, if you go with the streamline you can use the royal single shot tray!

I have the Daystate Regal XL in 0.22 and bought it when it was $1049 from AoA. That'll be a gun that never leaves my collection. It's beautiful! It's a tack driver and puts out roughly 27-28 ft lbs with my 18g JSB's. Hole in hole consistency at 25 yards. I've taken small game at 55 yards with it no problem. It's shorter and more compact than the FX Streamline, has a nicer stock, and it feels like a carbine when you hold it. Very quiet and back yard friendly. The Harper slingshot system it has gives me roughly 40-50 consistent shots without a regulator before a refill. I think it's a steal at $999. The equivalent Streamline would be the synthetic stock at that price, which is not even in the same league as the Minelli stock on the Daystate.

**Only con I have with the Regal is the cocking mechanism. It takes a bit of force to cock it completely for the caliber it's shooting. You get used to it, but when I first got it, I thought the gun was cocked since the cocking bolt was able to be moved back and was moving back/forth very smooth, yet the gun wouldn't fire. Then I really pulled it back and heard the click, and was surprised at the cocking effort.

Another gun to consider at that $999 is the Brocock Compatto in 0.22. Another wonderful gun but a smaller shot count of about 20 shots before it needs a top up.

I too was torn btween the three pcp's mentioned, until my son became a factor...it's my personal tastes that the Regal XL will make a better heirloom. Now that I've handle it, I know it was the right choice...reminds me of the weatherbys I thought where so cool in those 70's gun bibles I'd dog-ear as a kid. The bolt action caught me at first too, mostly because the first hundred shorts were from bags on a table and wasn't properly shouldered, now second nature, that presision "snick" of the mag!

You didn't mention what it would be used for and what hole you were hoping it would fill?

The reason why I say that is because, a while ago (and many times since), I felt like I needed to add a new gun to my collection. I actually did buy a Huntsman last year and I liked it for various reasons. I mostly liked it because it was pretty and that was what I felt was missing at the time. But... I ended up selling the Huntsman, not because there was anything wrong with it (I liked the gun), it just didn't get used much because the guns I already had fit my needs better (which is why I bought them first). 

I bring this up because, like me, you already have a few nice regulated bullpups in your collection (so I assume that's your preference). No matter what I buy and how good it is, I always end up reaching for the shortest, lightest and quietest air gun for most of what I do. My Mutant Shorty gets the most trigger time and I reach for the Cricket 25 for longer range hunting shots. Everything else gathers dust (apart from my Ataman compact which is still in the fun stage). 

The Impact and Bobcat in your collection are FX's two premium products. The Streamline is not going to be any better, so the the question is, with those two there, what would make you reach for either a Streamline or a Huntsman? 

I agree with Zebra's analysis. You don't "need" another airgun, you "want" one and there is nothing wrong with that :). I have no experience with the streamline, but I've owned multiple FX Royales and I previously owned a Huntsman XL. All were very nice rifles. None of them had the precision of my RAW, but all were very high quality air guns and I never had a single issue with any of them. If I were choosing between a Streamline and a Regal, I would almost certainly opt for the Regal just because it is shorter, lighter and exceptionally well balanced and a proven performer over a fairly long period of time.

must say the biggest reason to get another gun is for my girlfriend to use it both fx are running hawke Sidewinder and the tx200 a utg light scope but heavy gun
I think all set ups are above 10 punds not 100% sure I want one for her to use under 7.5 lbs we only do rabbit,squirrels,doves, pigeon, and occasionally plinking so a .22 is my best option in my opinion

"oscarnunez"must say the biggest reason to get another gun is for my girlfriend to use it both fx are running hawke Sidewinder and the tx200 a utg light scope but heavy gun
I think all set ups are above 10 punds not 100% sure I want one for her to use under 7.5 lbs we only do rabbit,squirrels,doves, pigeon, and occasionally plinking so a .22 is my best option in my opinion
I'd go with a Mutant if you want something light to get the mrs into shooting. The Shorty is very lady-friendly and it's a better gun than the Huntsman imo (I haven't tried a Streamline). It's more efficient, quieter, shorter and more fun to use. That's just one man's opinion but it is after owning both (and liking both a lot). 

It's nice that there are so many good choices at a slightly lower price range these days. Hopefully it's a growing trend of better guns for less cash as prices at the other end were starting to get ridiculous. 

If it's mainly for the gf, then why not let here choose, given that there's no bad choices on the shortlist? 

Hey DellaDog,
Get the AW yet ! Love mine no comparison to the Regal in. Did the same thing bought the Regal form AoA, then had to get the AW. But I love them both! Dont know how many more shots you get with The XL Regal, over the Huntsmans but Im getting 40 shots easy at POA on Filling to 210 BAR. Not even Going to 230.

You're going to be ammazed at the LASAR accuracy of your Air Wolf.

Hey Pinwheel,

AOA doesn't have the Huggett shroud system in stock, they say a 3-4 week wait. Kip (nice guy) sent me several pics of the darker stocks I like and pulled a beauty for me. Now it's either wait 3-4 weeks or get it next week and send back when the shroud is in stock. I'm leaning towards ship now.

I'm consistently the same pellet hole at 25 yards (well, under 1/4" anyway no wind) and 1/2 - 3/4 " at 50 with the Regal; I can't imagine better accuracy in the Wolf, though I won't complain! I initially filled to 230, but found 210 is right about where the bell curve flattens and 40 consistent POA shots after that.

Already have a nice Bushnell 6500 waiting for the Wolf so I'm itching to pull the trigger. 

Two Daystates in as many months, I'd say I'm pretty well hooked. 

Yup my Regal shoots the same hole at 25M down to below the red line.Once I got the air wolf could not imagine an " just think about t trigger" And the Hi vs Low power...so quiet. Those Guys at AoA are awesome and tell you the Truth.Rich knows his technical too. Once you feel the weight of the AirWolf you'll know it's not a toy.
I love mine just the way it came out of the box fro AoA. And my regal now sports a 3-9 Leupold which will be used for hunting.
Got a change of feeling after to talking to some specific individiual that knows ALL Things, talked me into keeping my Daystate and lost a good deal for 50 bucks. But I am so happy cuz he's right. Although it's 1/2 the weight, the Regal is one Heck of slammer and cant wait to take my first 80 Pound Hog with it at 20 Yds.
All these guys that talk about tuning... you won't have to with a Daystate Air Wolf...

Lemme know what that Air Trigger does for you,
Pinwheel

I have no idea about FX Streamline but I totally love my Regal XL .22 ... Beautiful rifle ... pellet on pellet at 25yards using JSB 15.89 ... I usually got starling at 70-85yards (headshot at 50yards) ... I have to loose the small screw at the rear top of the dovetails because of stiff bolt but it doesn't work much. That is the only thing i don't like about this regal ...