• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate regal replacement suppressor

Just received a new Sumo ... My Regal XL .22 (Sumo) is now quieter than Fx Wildcat .25 (Huggett). However, when dry firing indoor, Fx Wildcat is quiter than Regal XL. I don't know why ?????
95a4d00ac86a047b14f17a0bad60e980.jpg

I realize this is an old thread, but I recently tired to get the moderator off the shroud of my Regal XL .22

Any Regal owners who could chime in I would be grateful. 

I used a heat gun on it's high setting. I cannot get that sucker to twist off. I'm afraid to use a torch because the moderator looks as if it is discoloring or at least getting a tad lighter in color. 

Is that moderator carbon fiber, or is it something decorative? Can I heat it up and assume I won't damage it? 

Thanks, 

It is very interesting to read this thread because I had the same problem as you guys trying to remove a Daystate Airstream LDC from a Huntsman. The adapter at the end of the shroud could not be unglued from inside the Airstream. I couldn't get the adapter out without destroying it so I ended up buying a new adapter from AoA. I advise anyone trying to save a few bucks not to get one from T.W. Chambers in the UK. Their adapter is undersized and even though it specifically says it's for the Huntsman Regal, it is not the proper thread diameter. Been there, done that. They issued a refund after I sent them a detailed video of their undersized shroud endcap. I am sure Chambers outsourced theirs as the factory replacement I got from AoA fit perfectly.

I wonder how many adapter sales AoA has gotten to fix a problem they create by having Daystate epoxy LDCs onto their new rifles? An Airstream might work on a 12 ft. lb. Regal but is ineffective at FAC velocity. I replaced mine with a Huggett Belita that is proportionate to the Regal but significantly outperforms the Airstream. I own a Sumo but it looks out of place on a Regal. Another Regal fault is the pronounced Harper sling valve hammer slap noise. No LDC can make a Regal sound quiet to the shooter with hammer slap noise being so loud next to his ear. The Huntsman Regal is loud mechanically when compared to the the the Airwolf, Wolverine, Pulsar, and Renegade . I'm spoiled by Taipan Mutants and HW100's which are nearly silent during the firing cycle and are shrouded or have well designed factory LDCs.
f6fa8c1876b38ad2eeec291a6decb293.jpg

Reactions: mmahoney
"Humdinger"It is very interesting to read this thread because I had the same problem as you guys trying to remove a Daystate Airstream LDC from a Huntsman. The adapter at the end of the shroud could not be unglued from inside the Airstream. I couldn't get the adapter out without destroying it so I ended up buying a new adapter from AoA. I advise anyone trying to save a few bucks not to get one from T.W. Chambers in the UK. Their adapter is undersized and even though it specifically says it's for the Huntsman Regal, it is not the proper thread diameter. Been there, done that. They issued a refund after I sent them a detailed video of their undersized endcap. I am sure Chambers outsourced theirs as the factory replacement I got from AoA fit perectly.
I wonder how many sales of adapters AoA has made to fix a problem they created by having Daystate epoxy on the Airstream LDC? An Airstream works on a 12 ft. lb. Regal but suck at FAC velocity. I replaced it with a Huggett Belita that is proportionate to the Regal but significantly outperforms the Airstream.. I own a Sumo but the extra perormance is negated because it looks out of place on a Regal. A big negative of the Regal is the pronounced Harper sling valve hammer slap noise. No LDC can make a Regal quiet to the shooter with the hammer slap noise next to his ear. The Huntsman Regal is the loudest mechanically when compared to the the the Airwolf, Wolverine, Pulsar, and Renegade . I'm spoiled by Taipan Mutants and HW100's which are nearly silent mechanically and are neighborhood friendly with an LDC.
That's good to know about the adapters from Chambers. I was looking into that because, as you stated, why should I financially reward companies that create the problem in the first place. I can't understand what the point is of gluing this adapter and the moderator together. Did Daystate or AoA or any other reseller not think that MAYBE, just MAYBE, you might want to clean the inside of the moderator and shroud?? I can tell you, mine was filthy and full of chunks of coagulated lead dust ready to interfere with pellet flight.

After having the shroud and moderator assembly off to test my Regal for accuracy issues I am having, I can tell you that it is very effective. The Regal shooting without one is like a sub-sonic .22LR firing. I was afraid the neighbor's would call the cops it was so loud. I can't speak to comparisons to other moderators out there, but I agree the Sumo looks out of place on the Regal.

I also agree about that mechanical slap of the valve. That is loud to me, but I don't know what it sounds like 20 yards away or so. My wife says my Regal is louder than any of my springers or my other PCP (Coyote). 

They need to stop gluing those adapters to the moderator, period.

Air gun "moderators" are a touchy subject. On the Huggett, " For air gun use only" is stamped into the end of it. The government can change that in a heartbeat and many vendors are very careful as to what the say, do, sell and profess when it comes to them. The vendors want to make sure air gun are not classified as firearms in most states and that is the way they want it to stay.

So keeping low on the radar is paramount and a good thing for us all. The first time some bozo screws and air gun moderator on to a powder burner and it makes news, that will be the beginning of the end and the end will come fast.