• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate regal replacement suppressor

Mine unscrewed without the heat, it should leave you a 1/2X20 thread on the end of the shroud. There is also the chance that the 1/2X20 adapter could unscrew from the shroud and stay inside the moderator which then leaves you trying to figure out how to remove it. I know this from past experience too. Seems like I used some thread locker on the shroud when I screwed it back together and let it set up a couple of days.. This kept it in place on the end of the shroud from then on. I had photos of all of this until Photobucket put there ransom up. ...
Jimmy

"jking"Mine unscrewed without the heat, it should leave you a 1/2X20 thread on the end of the shroud. There is also the chance that the 1/2X20 adapter could unscrew from the shroud and stay inside the moderator which then leaves you trying to figure out how to remove it. I know this from past experience too. Seems like I used some thread locker on the shroud when I screwed it back together and let it set up a couple of days.. This kept it in place on the end of the shroud from then on. I had photos of all of this until Photobucket put there ransom up. ...
Jimmy
thanks, I haven't tried to remove the factory one yet. I'm hoping it comes off easy. What suppressor did you replace it with? Did it make a large difference?

I can offer this. Try a heat gun like the kind you get at Home Depot in the paint department. (I have never tried to do this, but it's the way I would do it) 

As for the Sumo in .25 on a .22 it just works. I don't know what difference you will get from stock moderator to Donny, but I suspect you will be happy. I have one on my .22 Cricket & the thing is just silly silent. I only hear the spring & the impact. 

Good luck!

"SoldSpartan"All I know is that in the US suppressors are permanently attached to an air rifle's barrel.
IF you get them from AOA and some other dealers that is "usually" true BUT there is no Law or Regulation concerning airgun suppressors on the books.
It is a Dealer liability decision / policy that causes permanent attachment and nothing more! The decision to permanently attach also Sells more Suppressors. DonnyFL and others will sell you a bare unattached suppressor all day long! I have several I move from gun to gun so I don't need to buy one for Each gun!

Thurmond

I use the Donny Fl Sumo and FatBoy on my Taipan Veteran .22, and 'prefer' the fatboy look, the shorter squatter end can, and it's pretty quite - maybe not as much as Sumo but then the Veteran is pretty quiet as it comes from the factory with the included shroud.

I recently spoke with Donny about the Sumo - like you I was thinking of getting a .25 and wondered if I needed to bore it out. Donny said his adaptor - for my Taipan, at least -- the adaptor is 8.2 mm inside diameter/bore, and the Sumo bore is 8.2 mm as well - which is just fine for the .25. This translates as you know to .322 caliber.

From what I read on silencer build forums, adding .060 inches to the projectile size and....it works, for a .25 seems you need .31" bore and we have that with the Sumo.

As you might be able to tell, I've been over this one myself intensively!

I just replaced my Regal moderater a few weeks ago with a DonnyFl Sumo. The factory LDC is nothing but a hollow tube from what I can see. Just use a heat gun for a minute or two and it will spin right off. Move the heat gun around the barrel and heat evenly, don't concentrate the heat in one area. Donny sells a very effective moderater and build quality is top notch. The nice thing is he really stands by his products and he's always available to discuss any questions you may have. Order it online and it's at your door two days later, his customer service is amazing. I was floored at what a difference the Sumo makes, it's so much quieter now. Now all I hear is the action of hammer smacking the valve and the report of the pellet hitting the target a second later. Give him a call in the evening and he will answer any questions you may have, tell him Rosco says hello! Best of luck

Reactions: Statichost
Going back to your original post:
  • Are you trying to solve a noise problem or a noise level preference? By problem, I mean neighbor complaints or your concern they may complain or call the police. By preference, you would just like it to be quieter. Is this activity legal at your location?
  • Are you trying to achieve backyard friendly - keeping noise levels within an acceptable range as to not disturb neighbors.
  • Are you trying to achieve backyard stealth - you don't even want neighbors to notice anything unusual beyond normally occurring sounds from birds, traffic, wind, rain, air conditioners, etc
With specific regard to Daystate Regal XL in .22, the following are my personal opinions based upon 3 years ownership.
  • DonnyFL products work great on the Regal .22 and so do Huggets (not Belita size)
  • You will be pleased if you are trying to achieve backyard friendly by using one of these products
  • Despite the significant reduction in output from the muzzle - it does not mask the significant high frequency mechanical noise (hammer slap etc) that the gun makes. Based upon my experience (a poor sample of one), I don't believe any LDC alone without mechanical modifications will change this.
  • Your question on .25 version. I don't own one but I have shot one. It is comparitively underpowered in .25 at 38-40fpe with a sharp rise and fall on shot curve with low shot count VS the competition at that price point. It is louder too than the .22. For a .25 in that price point, you'll want to consider guns that are regulated and well shrouded and can achieve at least 46-50 FPE with your choice of ammo. You mentioned a good alternative in your post the Wildcat. The impact is in a totally different price point.
With all this being said, I would be happy to send you a FREE unused OEM Daystate Regal shroud that is terminated in 1/2 UNF that I purchased from AoA so you can buy and install an LDC of your choice. I would be happy to send it to you if the following are met:
  • It is legal at your location to shoot airguns
  • you are unable to separate the 1/2 UNF adapter from the OEM airstream moderator
  • you would like to do this to achieve backyard friendly (stealth ain't happening)
  • you pay for packaging (cardboard tube) and shipping from me in VA to you.
  • you agree to help out another airgunner in the future
PM me if I can help.