• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf HP

Good day
Once again I am raising old issue of my guns accuracy, today I was going through its Test Report as attached. I observed that it was tested on JSB Jumbo Beast 33 grains. Interestingly I found that diameter of pellet is 5.5880 mm whereas I am trying JSB redesigned 23 grains having 5.52 mm diameter.
Do you think barrel will behave eratic with pellets having 5.52mm diameter. Please explain.

Reactions: Buckshutr
You are making an assumption that since the gun was tested with a slightly larger diameter pellet, that this pellet is the correct one for the gun. And this may or may not be the case.

I think that the best way to answer your question is to shoot the gun with the smaller diameter pellets and judge the accuracy for yourself. Otherwise any answer will only be speculation as it will not apply specifically to your gun and barrel.

You are making an assumption that since the gun was tested with a slightly larger diameter pellet, that this pellet is the correct one for the gun. And this may or may not be the case.

I think that the best way to answer your question is to shoot the gun with the smaller diameter pellets and judge the accuracy for yourself. Otherwise any answer will only be speculation as it will not apply specifically to your gun and barrel.
Thanks for reply, I have been trying 18 grainsJSB and JSB redesigned 25 grains but accuracy is not consistant even with sorted pellets. Two or three pellets out of 10 may go out to 8 or 8 ring for no good reasons. My FX Impact on other hand is very consistant.

My experience with sorting suggests that it might be a final, fine tuning effort. I would not spend time on it until finding a pellet that shoots good out of the tin. Since you are already sorting, and seeing flyers, I believe that supports my experience. Also, I assume you are single loading. I have seen this behavior in rifles that don't consistently feed well from the mag.

Well I can do the head diameter sorting with the guage, Ido clean the barrel regularly, even tried after 100 shots
ahh I have 2 redwolf hps. When you say your accuracy is not that great what are we talking about ? Really crazy inaccurate ? Fliers ?
Yardage ? Wind conditions ? Speed of pellets ? Your Power settings ? Moderators make a big difference as well on the RedWolf HP.

See two of my videos just as a reference. I have so many questions....

I was shooting my Redwolf .22 HP today with the ATN 4K pro scope (sucks for daytime shooting) with a recently installed Heliboard. Seems at setting 9, JSB 25.4 RD running about 930 FPS was the tightest group.

Smitty
May I ask if P9 was Jack’s preprogrammed settings?
I ask because mine (same gun, pellet) happens to be doing 964fps at P7.

ahh I have 2 redwolf hps. When you say your accuracy is not that great what are we talking about ? Really crazy inaccurate ? Fliers ?
Yardage ? Wind conditions ? Speed of pellets ? Your Power settings ? Moderators make a big difference as well on the RedWolf HP.

See two of my videos just as a reference. I have so many questions....

Well to answer your question, I am shooting JSB 18 grains and JSB Redesigned 25 grains at 930 and 940 fps respectively. I shoot at 50 meters and it gives fliers. I shoot in a closed range where wind has a little effect.
I am using Heliboard wherein velocities are st to be consistant. Use riffetent power settings for each pellets.
I have no moderator on my gun

Well to answer your question, I am shooting JSB 18 grains and JSB Redesigned 25 grains at 930 and 940 fps respectively. I shoot at 50 meters and it gives fliers. I shoot in a closed range where wind has a little effect.
I am using Heliboard wherein velocities are st to be consistant. Use riffetent power settings for each pellets.
I have no moderator on my gun
Please give an indication of the nature of your fliers. Expectations are sometimes not realistic. If you are getting well-released shots under ideal conditions that are 2" off, then yeah, something is going on. If you're getting a hit that opens a little, one-hole group to a larger one-hole group, that's probably just an air rifle.

May I ask if P9 was Jack’s preprogrammed settings?
I ask because mine (same gun, pellet) happens to be doing 964fps at P7.
Whyzee,
Yes, this was shot as supplied by Jack. I haven't had time to get into it at this point. I was going through the various P Levels at 5 shot groups to see which was the tightest.

Smitty

Reactions: whyzee
Please give an indication of the nature of your fliers. Expectations are sometimes not realistic. If you are getting well-released shots under ideal conditions that are 2" off, then yeah, something is going on. If you're getting a hit that opens a little, one-hole group to a larger one-hole group, that's probably just an air rifle.
Well that is two or three shots of 10 shots open up to 1 inch or slightly less