• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Red Wolf 177

I have a Daystate HP 30 cal & I am about to put a 117 barrel on it, if you have a 177 Hp would you mine sharing your info on the pellet or slug that you are shooting grain and FPS
Can you share why you are changing calibers from the .303. I am contemplating getting a Wolverine R in .303, mainly for predator hunting, but have often wondered if it would also be backyard friendly noise-wise.

I have a Daystate HP 30 cal & I am about to put a 117 barrel on it, if you have a 177 Hp would you mine sharing your info on the pellet or slug that you are shooting grain and FPS
Mine is tuned to shoot 16.1 on high, 13.43 on medium and 10.43 on low

That's nice flexibility for dual purposes. This the same one you took to the Pensacola Airgun Club?
Yes, just got it back from AOA who was sorting things out. It is a bit tricky to mount a decent pic rail adapter on the front of the RW dovetail site, as you need to remove the barrel shroud so you can "slide" one down the front to the back. I'm not brave enough to mess with my 5 year warranty using a Heli Board "yet".

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted 45061
Yes, just got it back from AOA who was sorting things out. It is a bit tricky to mount a decent pic rail adapter on the front of the RW dovetail site, as you need to remove the barrel shroud so you can "slide" one down the front to the back. I'm not brave enough to mess with my 5 year warranty using a Heli Board "yet".
I personally wouldn't. I know guys that have used it and then switched back!

Mine is shooting the 13.43 slugs on high power very accurately, I don’t have a chrony but it’s stock from AOA and I believe it’s around 1020 fps on high power with the slugs, not positive though.
Here’s 10 shots on a steel disc at 100 yards.
I really enjoy shooting the RedWolf .177 HP because there’s no recoil and it’s an easy rifle to shoot for me.
I had AOA put on the pic rail and it has the scope at the perfect height for my fused neck.
I bet you will be very impressed with how well the .177 slugs slice through the wind too.
Let us know how it goes!

06D2D52D-11D6-435E-9646-2B7A2D93F68D.jpeg

859190BC-253A-4FD3-859E-AF6826A23676.jpeg

Mine is shooting the 13.43 slugs on high power very accurately, I don’t have a chrony but it’s stock from AOA and I believe it’s around 1020 fps on high power with the slugs, not positive though.
I really enjoy shooting the RedWolf .177 HP because there’s no recoil and it’s an easy rifle to shoot for me.
I had AOA put on the pic rail and it has the scope at the perfect height for my fused neck.
I bet you will be very impressed with how well the .177 slugs slice through the wind too.
Let us know how it goes!

View attachment 347810

View attachment 347811
I am about to order some slugs, Are whose
Let us know how it goes!

View attachment 347810

View attachment 347811
nice shooting, who makes those Slugs? Are both of your guns 177?

Let us know how it goes!

View attachment 347810

View attachment 347811
I got this group with some piledrivers yesterday at 50, 21 grain but I don’t think they make these any more

10DF536A-E30D-437C-AF88-17CAA893B352.jpeg

82B98ACA-A985-4AA0-ADDE-C5797DE5EB31.jpeg

Reactions: rigbymauser
I am about to order some slugs, Are whose

nice shooting, who makes those Slugs? Are both of your guns 177?
No the blue RedWolf is .22 HP and it’s awesome too, just not as much fun to shoot as the .177, every bit as accurate though.
My .177 shoots the JSB redesigned incredibly well on low power and you get hundreds of super accurate super quiet shots. I have the ODB moderators on both rifles.
Edit: The slugs I’m using are the JSB knockouts and I have the best accuracy with the 13.43 grain.
I tried the 10 grain knockouts and they aren’t as accurate, not bad on low power but not nearly as good as the redesigned pellet.
Here’s pictures of the slugs recovered from wet paper.
I was impressed with the perfect mushrooming.

AD6DBD0A-A09F-4A91-911B-83E8FFA89347.jpeg

Last edited: