• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate MK4

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with removing the breech from a Daystate MK4.

I accidentally fired the rifle with the bolt not fully closed. I heard a popping sound (bolt moving back and air escaping) when I fired. Now the bolt does not want to move forward. I have a feeling that a pellet or part of a pellet has become lodged in the bolt mechanism. To make matters worse, I have a Rowen Engineering single shot loader installed. There is a bar that is part of the bolt mechanism that moves back and forth below the pellet loader. The bar will not move completely forward and now I cannot remove the shingle shot loader. There are two screws below the loader that need to be removed to remove the breech from what I can tell from various Youtube videos. I'm afraid that I will either need to destroy the loader to get to the screws below it or send it off to AOA and spend a lot more money to have them do the same thing. Any other suggestions or ideas from Daystate MK4 owners out there?

I forced the bolt forward by hand and then pulled it back. This smashed the pellet and allowed me to remove the loader. The pellet fell out after that. 

Seems like a design flaw to me. 1. Why allow a space for a pellet to fall into like that. 2. the MK4 has an electronic trigger system. Why let the rifle fire if the bolt is not locked in the forward position. Daystate doesn't make this particular rifle anymore. Maybe they have fixed these issues in newer versions.

the air ranger is not the same to take apart as the mk4 and the airwolf.
​theres a lot more to the mk and the airwolf.

​I have had mk4 and the air wolf apart. inbox me if you like. because theres a part that's very easy to break cause of the is screen electronic tape going into both the reciver and then going to the screen.

​its cant come apart unless its unclipped... and no the airranger is not like this

I had the bolt on my AW bolt fly out and hit me in the face. The video above is the MVT version, I hink its called. It has a chrony on board which is the main difference to the MCT. The "ribbon" cable will tear if you aren't careful. That "information screen" ? with the cable, $100.00 bucks. I had mine fixed local for $40.00.
Take a picture before disassembly. Pull the battery first. Once you carefully get the electronics apart. Pay attention to the transfer port bushing and O rings.
These guns will fire with an open bolt. I agree it's a design flaw? But the side levers will too. On my AW on the top back of the receiver is a real small grub screw it controls pressure via a spring to a dente ball that helps control upward movement and drag of the bolt . If this isn't JUST right? The bolt, in the closed position, when the gun is fired, will fly up and back. This will cause the 6-40 screw with a brass bearing to fail after WTF knows how many times. 
AoA offered to fix my problem for several hundred dollars. I order the parts for $30.00 and fixed it myself. Then had a local machine shop get my a harder screw.
I don't know if there is a Daystate AW owner that will deny the bolt jumping a bit when fired. Once mine was fixed? I was able to recreated the accident.
If you can move your bolt back and forward with no drag? There is not enough tension. You have to fire pellets to test.
Hope this helps.