• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate magazine problem

I didn't have any accuracy issues with mine, it's a Ref Wolf with the same magazine, but read about guys that did. I removed part of the actuating pawl in mine, to prevent it from contacting the bolt probe. Works great and is easy to do. There are threads here on it, not sure if it's your issue or not. And not sure if "it's a thing" on the Wolverine. Just thought it may help to mention it. 

You can also order the CARM aftermarket mags from Croatia. They are 3D printed and good quality. I ordered one magazine, and a really slick pop out single shot tray and it was around $60 shipped. Took about a week and a half to get here. 

It's a specific rifle/mag issue. There is probably a small machining or assembly error in your mag or rifle. All you can do is try another mag. I've had magazines that would not shoot well, and I've had rifles that would not shoot well with any magazine. The Weihrauch and Taipan are the best, no springs, a direct mechanical connection.

I had that same issue, don't recall if it was with a Red Wolf or a Wolverine.

I took a pic of the targets - My gun/mag was tight for the first 5 shots and wild for the second 5. Very reproducible. Gun was still under warranty so I contacted AOA (where I had purchased it). They told me to send the magazine to them for repair or replacement.

Ended up getting a new mag, but IIRC it took a little while since the Daystate mags were OOS at the time so they had to wait for their next shipment.

How I would try to solve that issue:

1.- disassemble the magazine over a white cloth. Be careful of all pieces. Try to remember where pieces have to be to reassemble.

2.-- make with a drill the exiting hole of the magazine a little bit bigger.

3.- reassemble the magazine and confirm alignment of the ready to shoot pellet with the exiting hole of the magazine.

It could take a little time to the reassemble properly. But if I was able to do it many times with diverse magazines, you for sure you can do it better.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
There are a lot of mag designs out there. IMO, Daystate is one of the worst. You might find the CARM works better, hope so. I have several rifles that use spring activated magazines, and they just don't work as well as the mechanical driven mags, such as the Weihrauch and Taipan. In most cases, I can feel when pellet is not being precisely chambered from the mag, and a flyer often results. I suggest using the s/s tray when shooting your Daystate from the bench.it

I was one of those with a major issue with the original anti double load mag on a Red Wolf which used the actuator pin to index. 

The wolverine 2 uses the same system to actuate.

The CARM mags are the way to go - they completely fixed my accuracy issues and incidentally the new daystate mags are a near carbon copy apart from the flip open front. Of course they're all just spring loaded mags and technically a copy of hundreds of others before 😆

Here's the link to the old thread:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/daystate-red-wolf-hp-22/?referrer=1

changed my daystatae magazine o ring...but how to assemble this back..especially that crooked metal piece and that spring:)

20230319_121357.jpg

Last edited:
I used this video when I took mine apart to tune up, and it helped me do it right.

I will add that I have never been able to get my Air Ranger to shoot as well with the mags as the single shot tray. I've tried lots of different mags including the CARM ones, and while some are better than others, the Rowna Engineering swing out single shot loader allways gives the best results. Frustrating . . .