• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate guns are tanks?

Interesting! Are you able to share those finding you speak of?
Just do a search on the British Airgun forums theres no shortage of opinions on Daystate.

How does an operator make the gun need a complete reseal? And AOA said that was normal. Daystate did a complete redesign of their magazines because the old ones were faulty and damaged the gun. How is that operator error? It's not a story, it's facts. Here's a photo of the hole in the pellet probe on my Renegade. Is that operator error?
View attachment 382128
Calm down breath and exhale..lol

Reactions: bf1956
As DeanB says, Daystate have a very mixed reputation here in the UK. Many owners swear by them, and many swear at them. One trend seems to be that the older simpler ones are more reliable than the newer ones. Sites like Airgunforums.co.uk or the afore mentioned airgunbbs.com have very many threads on Daystate and their problems.

Just do a search on the British Airgun forums theres no shortage of opinions on Daystate.

Both of those posts are from six years ago… Also there is no shortage of opinions on anything…🤓🙏 Most of the Daystate posts I’ve seen here have been positive.

Last edited:
How does an operator make the gun need a complete reseal? And AOA said that was normal. Daystate did a complete redesign of their magazines because the old ones were faulty and damaged the gun. How is that operator error? It's not a story, it's facts. Here's a photo of the hole in the pellet probe on my Renegade. Is that operator error?
View attachment 382128
What's faulty...exactly about the magazines ?
How come I have three (Pulsars and Renegade), with original magazines and no signs of damage on the probes, galling, scratching, or otherwise ?
As for an "updated" magazine...manufacturers "update" parts all the time, for various reasons.

Mike

Reactions: Crabbypatties
I was away from airgunning in 12 years. Got the interest back and wanted to get an airgun again. I searched this very forum for one thing and I ended up buying a Daystate Revere. I love the FX innovative moves, but I am not a tinker and I didn`t wanted to buy a concept where I had to start buying upgrades. However the FX Dreamline did came very close for my choice. The Daystate Huntsman with its Harper Slingshot is battleproven. It works!!. My choice in rifles are M98 and Pre-64 M70 winch too. Buy something that works from beginning to the end.

I have a DayState CR-X I bought new in the early 2000’s. It’s still going strong. Never opened it up or replaced an o-ring. I shot an FT match with it back in March and did quite well. It occurred to me I am on borrowed time as the o-rings are over 20 years old.
That right there. Historical reputation. And you are correct on the orings also runins the "orings are expendable and expected to be replace often" theory. If well designed and QC orings do last 20 years. No shortage of Beeman Mako's (Daystate) still all original and holding.
Most do not know the original pulsar introduction/redesign but they did do before hey got in the hands of the publc. Kudos to them.
Someone mentioned batteries, it seems after market is great and batteries are one of those expendables. I do have a picture of an FT friends "Hairwolf" (he relabeled it) one of .the 1st back when, chronic hairballs nice interesting trigger though and again factory made sure the design worked in short order.
Personally wouldn't buy (any electric rig) a 1st run new design but the are pretty big on QC. I would try an all mechanical rig.
Now grab some old undesirable CRX or Mako or ..... flawless best meaning of "built like a tank" and I'd guarantee years of good clean useful fun.r
AA is another outstanding last 20 + years with nothing needed rig.

John

Reactions: cavedweller
You probably hit the nail on the head. I own a Maverick and an m3 and it is so hard to refrain from moving or twisting this and that. One day the weather may be slightly different for example, and your velocity or es is a bit off. It’s just too easy to be compelled to mess with it to “fix” it even though you are still shooting accurately. I think all the adjusting definitely wears on things. I really try to refrain from doing this by trusting the tunes and realizing there are always going to be slight variations from day to day and that I’m not out trying to win money but just have fun.
I totally agree I just traded my FX Crown Mk1 .22 for a Daystate Wolverine HP-R .22. I bought the Crown because of the ability to tune it but I too found myself focusing more on adjusting this or that instead of focusing on my shooting skills.

I totally agree I just traded my FX Crown Mk1 .22 for a Daystate Wolverine HP-R .22. I bought the Crown because of the ability to tune it but I too found myself focusing more on adjusting this or that instead of focusing on my shooting skills.
I loves the Wolverine but the trigger was not the trigger of my dreams so I traded it back to AoA for a Red Wolf. This is such an amazing airgun.
IMG_2055.jpeg
IMG_2045.jpeg

Of the four Daystates currently or previously owned by me, I have only had issues with two. My Harrier SE (made in the late 1990s) started blowing air through the valve, so I sent it to AoA and had it repaired. That was like four years ago, and no issues since.
The other was my HRXL .25. It developed an issue where it would blow air through the valve, but intermittently. It seemed if I stored it full fill it wouldn't do it.. It even did it after I replaced some o-rings, and curiously the issue left as mysteriously as it came.
I still have both of these guns, and they are still shooters!

PCPs in general are a magical balance of air and O-rings. It always amazes me that a dime's worth of rubber doesn't blow out instantly!