• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Compressors

Its a rebranded Coltri (i.e only modification made by Daystate was to add their label). The compressor is very high quality and as sold by Coltri is for filling air tanks for diving for personal use (i.e. its not rated to fill tank after tank running all day). There are even higher quality (i.e. better durability) compressors for divers available, including Bauer (German and even more expensive) and Airetex (US, about same price but less portable). All of these, including the Coltri/Daystate, are overkill for most PCP shooters, but nice to have if you can afford $.

I just moved from a scuba tank to carbon fiber 4500 this year. It is an 80 mile roundtrip drive for me to get my 4500 filled a the Lexington, KY dive shop. Only costs $8.50.

So far I don't shoot a lot, mostly this time of the year -- winter. My grown son is my neighbor (across the woods) and I also fill his Daystate Regal XL. I'm trying to talk myself out of getting a compressor. I don't love taking care of machinery, hard to remember to keep the oil and fluid checked on the zero-turn.

Do you fellows with compressors hook them to your gun and fill directly or do you fill your tank and then your gun? Does it cost much to maintain them? I probably wouldn't refill the tank more than every two weeks?

There are din to yoke converters for scuba tanks. It will allow a a diver to use a din regulator with a Yoke air tank. Does anyone know if the din to yoke adapter for a scuba tank will work with the daystate din filler connection. The din female connection on the adapter is threaded but i am not sure if it is deep enough for the daystate filler connection.

Thanks

Bowwild. Once you get a compressor and have unlimited air you will start shooting a lot more. I have a 72cf CF tank that I fill with the compressor and use it to fill the guns. Looked at the Komptec. Also looks like a good unit. I would like to stay with using AOA though. Personally I've had such good luck and service with them that buying from them is just stress free. After the Holliday rush that will be my next purchase. 

The Daystate Tiffin is simply plug-&-play (after following the directions, of course). Mine didn't come with a 240vac plug since every home is setup different. So be prepared to wire on your plug or hire an electrician to do it for you. It is surprisingly quiet (just a bit louder than a Honda 3000i portable generator if not the same, I think). As for fittings, you'll have to let AOA know what you need and they'll get you setup. I had to purchase the male-to-male fitting from PA to connect the compressor to my bottle (see link below) From 3200psi, it can top it off my 88cuft to 310bar in about 15mins. You may fall in love with the Tiffin! Oh you could get a gas version, like the one they use the AOA van, but expect to pay more, ask AOA. An air dryer such as the "Diablo Dry Air System" from AOA is recommended if where you live is humid OR feel you need the added protection. Did I mention, you may fall in love with the Tiffin!

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Double_Male_Quick_Disconnect_Coupling/5202

I also looked at the Daystate compressor. For the money spent, I chose the Aireex 45. It is a monster! I can top off my 88 cf "great white" from 3500-4500 psi in less than 15 minutes. I did not have to buy any additional filters or dryers as it has a water separator and a cartridge filter providing clean, dry, breathable air. If this isn't plug & play, I don't know what is. I have owned this compressor since March of '16 and have filled many tanks for myself and others and have all of 5.4 hrs on the meter. It's that good.

I can't compare the day-state with the air tex, but they do look similar.

I just received my day-state on Friday. we had a big snow storm that night so all i was able to do was get it set up.

Before i setup the compressor, basically, inserting the filter, adding the oil, and the 220 plug, i called AOA to clear up a few questions that i had.

They put me in touch with the compressor tech. We talked about the plug, i just wanted to confirm the hot and neutral wires, European is not the Red, Black and white neutral, it is Brown, Blue hot wires and yellow and green striped neutral. He confirmed that for me.

Also when adding the oil there is a capped fitting next to the oil fill that you have to remove when adding the oil to let the air escape etc. 

I put a drain line on the pressure relief pet cock and ran it into a plastic dish we'll see how this works.

It was nice being able to talk to a tech who ran in my compressor and spent all the time necessary to answer my questions.

I haven't used it yet but it is ready to go.

Having a company with expertise that you can call and provides support is a comforting thing when making a fairly expensive purchase.

This is my first purchase (compressor and 75 cu tank) from AOA and so far i am impressed with their support.

I'll post my impression of the compressor later on in the week after i get a chance to use it. (hopefully it will be positive)

I'll be filling an 80 and 100 scuba tank (used in the basement range) (right now the scuba tanks are full) in addition to the 75, which will be used wherever (outside shooting),

I got the chance to use the Daystate compressor for the first time on January 11th.

I filled a 80 CU scuba tank from 2200 to 3000, it took 5 minutes.

Then i filled my Omega 75 to 4000 psi, first fill.

It took 14 minutes from empty to 3000 psi and then another 4 minutes (18 minutes total) to get to 4000 psi.

My water drain line worked very well, clear line runs from the water separator to a plastic dish with a paper towel lining the bottom.

This is placed under the unit so there was no water spray on the compressor and what water that came out was absorbed by the paper towel.

One word rating would be Amazing, no hype, this machine performs.

If you are a serious air gunner, i'd start saving for a good compressor.

I wouldn't buy a 2nd or 3rd gun, i'd wait and purchase a good compressor like a Daystate.

I topped off one of my scuba tanks from 2300 to 3000 again, and filled my SCBA from 3000 to 4200 second fill for both of these, while my 3200 scuba tank is still full.

A whole new attitude, capability when you have all the air you need and it is never a concern.

I am enjoying, air independence.

I also just received my chrony, inside infrared light system with a blue tooth interface.

A good compressor is a significant outlay, but makes shooting more enjoyable, you don't worry about minimizing your shooting, save air etc.