• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Air Wolf Owners...Better Accuracy on High or Low Power?

AJ3

Apr 24, 2015
Have been target shooting my new Air Wolf for nearly a month now and as recommended on this Forum, it likes JSB 15.89 grain on low power (30 fpe) and 18.1 grain on high (37 fpe).

The rifle has been giving me good 40-50 yard 5 shot groups as below (high power target right and low power target left) but my shooting skills are honestly not consistent enough to determine if low or high power provides improved accuracy. Would appreciate others input as to if you experience any significant accuracy difference between low and high power?

thanks...

Wow, just here admiring your targets AJ. I'd say you are a pretty darn good shot. Nice to see it grouping so well on both powers with 2 different weight pellets!
Wish my FX 400 would do that. It's more like 30 FPE on high, 18 FPE on medium, and 12 FPE on low.
Low and medium group terrible compared to high.
I'm amazed at your Wolf. I might have to buy a Daystate next year! Thanks for posting.
Jimmy

@AJ3 My Air Wolf, like yours, does best with the 15.89 JSB on Power 2 followed by the 18,1 JSB on Power 2. I get mixed results with the 18.1 JSB on Hi Power. One thing you may want to try is different head sizes to see if you notice any improvement. JSB offers both the 15.89 and 18.1 in the following head sizes:
AOA, Precision Airguns and Supplies, Penchetta and Topgun often carry the various head sizes. Alternatively, you might want to try the Air Arms 16 gr Diabolo Field in 5.51 and the Air Arms 18 gr Diabolo Heavy in 5.52mm.