• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystar Air Wolf .177 best pellets

I have all four of those pellets in different lots. My Daystate CR-X prefers sorted AA 10.3 (10 shots one rough 1/4 hole at 50 yards). My Wolverine liked sorted JSB 10.3 (dime groups at 50). AirWolf MCT likes sorted JSB 18.1's (stacks them at 50 yards).

My Steyrs favorite pellet was the Baracude Match .451's. It's in for a new barrel so I'll go through the 4 types again when I get it back in a few weeks.

It all comes down to the barrel and consistent fps. Buy a tin of each at Pyramid Air - one will be free. Shoot all 4 and see what works best.

To take it to the next level, get a pellet gage and check head sizes first or do the yrrah roll on a 8x12 piece of glass first then short the sorted groups to see what works best within each tin. Beyond that you would need a good scale like a gempro 250 to get the weights the same per pellet.

Then there is washing and lubing. Then some do sizing.

The guys that are shooting up around 250 go though a lot of work to get consistent pellets. Stretch from 25M to 50 yards to really see the results.