• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Day in the desert with the EVOL MINI .22

Dana I enjoy and appreciate your hunting stories and videos. That image of the Mojave green again made me worry about Marley. Did you get him trained to avoid snakes? He is little, close to the ground, and if he got tagged even by a pacific rattler he would likely die. With a Mojave green, he would never make it.

I know it isn't that likely. But he is depending on your judgement for his safety.

Kim

PS a friend is developing a pacific rattlesnake venom vaccine for pets. There is a patent but it isn't on the market yet (there is one for diamond backs but they don't live in so cal). I think the best defense is avoidance training and avoiding rattlesnake terrain. When we have our granddog, she is on-leash and not allowed to nose blindly into shrubs around the rancho

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the mention of Marley, she's a very savvy little dog and quite familiar with snakes. During Summer months I don't run her and for the most part she stays by my side. During Winter and Spring is when I usually run her and give her much more freedom. Yeah her getting bit is my worst nightmare, a few of my videos touch on this. The best thing is avoiding them by staying in open areas and not allowing her to get into thicker areas. 

Dana, another great post with terrific pictures. That Evol mini sure is a beautiful little gun. I love the blue anodizing and think it looks great. I like guns like the blue mini that are a little different from everything else in the crowd! The Evol or one of the new Jefferson State guns is probably in the near future for my boys and I. The Evol looks like a solid, well made air gun and it's capabilities have got me excited too. Like someone else already said though, the wait is a little long. I know I'm impatient, I can't help it though, my generation did it to me! LOL. Great post, thanks Dana.

Stoti

Took the words right out of my mouth. I have lost 3 dogs to Mojaves and about $12500 in vet bills to save 2 others because of the things. I've killed 9 of them over the last 15 years here on the property and will any mojaves I see on sight. Haven't seen one regular rattler since we moved here in 2004. Don't bother gopher snakes, king snakes, racers..... They control the mice and rat population.

Dana, another great post with terrific pictures. That Evol mini sure is a beautiful little gun. I love the blue anodizing and think it looks great. I like guns like the blue mini that are a little different from everything else in the crowd! The Evol or one of the new Jefferson State guns is probably in the near future for my boys and I. The Evol looks like a solid, well made air gun and it's capabilities have got me excited too. Like someone else already said though, the wait is a little long. I know I'm impatient, I can't help it though, my generation did it to me! LOL. Great post, thanks Dana.

Stoti

Thanks Stoti,

Was a fun little trip, I am in love with that little gun. Unfortunately the blue won't be available, this was just a one off. Tom's more concentrated on the full size and hp models and they as everyone knows all his stuff takes time.