• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

(DAY 3)Does Your Wildcat do this? Need Your Opinions

I know I need to clip my nails :(. Maybe im too picky. This was after lubing it, who knows how bad it would be without lubrication. Im hoping its normal which will make me keep the gun and save some money and time returning/selling it and buying a Impact. However, I did some extra research and Airgun Depot offers No hassle returns and Free shipping on returns(provided that there is a defect). So is there a defect or are these within tolerances? My friend said it sounded like two mices...

Okay well ill ask them if it did take away the warranty or not. How about this video? Does this sound normal to you? Still unfired. I was actually impatient on wanting to shoot the rifle so I bought one of those 95$ PCP pumps on amazon on one day shipping.

I am sad because they said they were going through some sort of software upgrade in their second ship out center and still have not shipped out my Carbon Fiber Tank due to technical difficulties. I ordered the tank together with everything and the tank is the only thing that hasn't shown up :(. I got that free ground shipping but this is still kinda disappointing. 

If this is normal too then, then I am debating on trying to return with just the fact that it is making too much noise/annoying as turd. Comon guys, what should i be expecting from a thirteen hundred dollar gun? Do i need to buy the impact to avoid these issues lol jk.

"Siscakidd"That's normal as well...it's the hammer floating around when not ready to fire
DId not know that this was normal. I owned a Gen 1 Wildcat and it did not seem to do any of these things. This was the one with the different threads. I think the action could be smoother. I submitted a RMA request just in case. Lets hope they allow me to return a unfired gun.

Okay i've seen that video but completely forgot that he showcased that issue. Man i feel like even more of an idiot now. Now the good and bad news. The RMA request succeeded and they paid for a Fedex shipping label to send to them but they said in the terms and condition is that if there is no issue found then I will need to pay a 20% restocking fee. This means i'll only be getting back 1000$ instead of 1300$~. Much worst than just keeping the gun. So i sent them an email asking what I should do. What do i do guys? :(. Im worried that because they paid for the shipping that if I don't return the rifle to them then there is a loss in those shipping costs. Then I'm worried that I can't return the gun because there is no real big defect with the gun. 

I guess i'll just keep it :). This itch of airgunning cannot be quelled for a second longer. RMA process will take light years. I seriously can't wait that long. If you guys say its a perfectly working gun then ill keep it!

"Why would dry firing scrap the warranty?"

I guess I should have worded it differently, maybe they don't care?

On almost ALL ( almost, pretty much all ) pre-charged airguns count on some air pressure pushing back against the valve, low or no pressure may cause the hammer/striker to hit with too much force and can/will bend the valve stem, may also hit hard enough to dent the valve face.

Do not dry fire ( for any newbie's, on a pre-charged airgun a "dry fire" is firing with out AIR, it doesn't care about a pellet but needs air or likely will be damaged, some brands/models only take 1 or 2 dry fires to ruin the valve stem.

John